24-70mm f/2.8, Yeah Baby!!! (but there's a catch...dammit...)

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife says I can get this lens ( :headbang: ), but....I have to lose 30 lbs first. :whip:

Is it worth the effort?

Health and an awesome lens...... Being healthy will allow you to live longer to make use of the lens... But if the wife said it----" Happy wife= happy life." thats a message for you. Get on it!

30 lbs......good God. That will take months!

That makes sense. Your wife is really asking you to save money by cutting down your diet. By the time you lose 30 lbs, you will have plenty money to put toward the lens. What a smart wife? Now the quickest way to lose 30 lbs: run everyday for at least one hour, only eat veggie and lean meat. I am thinking by this time next year, you will have your wonderful 24-70mm.

2 problems as I see things:

1. I'm lazy
2. I'm an "immediate gratification" type of guy....so waiting months discourages me.

I may try to make this happen.

Perhaps I'll post some before and after shots...

God, nobody wants to see those. =D

Curious what percentage of your total weight that is? I'm 227 and 6', I already have the lens but damn if I can lose 30lbs. I'd love to be 205...just not enough to sacrifice eating :D The lens is a workhorse on an FX body. I keep it mounted 70% of the time. Not as fun as the 70-200 but more practical all aound usage.

Doc wants me to lose 25 pounds which just gets me below 200 lbs. Wife says I should go for it, but sure won't offer any kind of incentive, espeically a lens, body, or such. You're one lucky guy.

Divorce her. Quicker & cheaper! :lol:

30 lbs......good God. That will take months!
Tell her that you'll buy it used and only lose 15 pounds (Oh, and yeah, the lens is worth it! :thumbup: )

I like that idea. I found one used for about $1,750. Maybe I'll try to negotiate 20 lbs.

Trevor, I'm the runt of the litter. 5'9" and about 210 lbs. Too much sitting behind a desk and no exercise. So 30 lbs is 14% of my body weight. That's a lot. My older brother is 6'4" and my younger brother is 6'1". I must be the mailman's kid. :pimp:

Do you have to keep the weight off? And if you don't, do you have to take the lens back?

My father in law has been a smoker for decades. He's tried many times to stop (with a lot of pestering/encouragement from family/wife etc.).
One time, he quite for a few weeks, and as a reward, bought himself a new tool box/cabinet.
Well, he's back smoking and still has the tool box. :er:

Most reactions

Back