24 Hour Endurance Mountian Bike Racing

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot these photos last September for a 24 hour mountain bike race in minnesota. I am friends with a bunch of the guys racing and next year i'm going to race. I'm very happy with most of these photos. thought I would share.

CRW_4755_RJ.jpg

CRW_4716_RJ.jpg

CRW_4804.jpg

CRW_4806_RJ.jpg

CRW_4914_RJ.jpg

CRW_4929.jpg

CRW_5072.jpg

Nice series. Love the movement in the first three. #3 could stand on it's own without the light trails. Great shot!

Thanks...I had never done longer exposures with mt bikers at night before. I really had to be mindfull not to blind them with the flash. So i was bouncing it off tagboard and other stuff. Those guys had be racing since 3pm and it was about 10pm at that time, so didn't want to cause them to crash.

The first three are just... how does one describe them? They are amazingly unique and different. it almost appears to be entirely fake as their bottom portion seems to be engulfed by the surrounding. Great series.

I actually find it kind of funny that you posted these. I was just going through some old photos with mountain bikers planning to post, but there is no way I could share next to these great images! :lol:

Wow.. Hey BA shots. This isnt by any chance the Sea Otter Challenge is it? I used to MTB all the time. now I DH MTB for the fun of it. I only ride in BC though at Whistler..... But yeah.. Massive Props. on the SHots.. You should really Submit some of those to a MTB mag. YOu could get some serious $$ on some of those Shots.... MY gosh.. Seriously Bro Props. Keep em coming.

Thanks both of you for such positive comments. I have had a ton of interest in photos like the top two. I shot about 50 of them like that and gave low res photos to the riders who asked. I did a jam session with a bunch riders last June and its incredible huge some guys will go with a little kodak courage in them....I'm getting stoked for ski/board season and I plan on spending a lot of time in the various terrain parks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back