Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is it just me or is this year's 24 (TV show) a bit of a let-down?

Not quite as intense so far, but pretty dang good I think.:)

As Chloe said in a recent episode, "I'm feeling ambivalent"... it doesn't seem to be one of the best series so far, but then they must be running out of ideas. The main enemy was domestic last year, and they've already done most of the usual Hollywood foreign villains. Then there's the problem of what major threat to use: nukes, viruses and gas have been done already, and they had to pick one to use again.

I'm not too sure about the folks at CTU now. Morris started off being reasonably entertaining, but now they keep returning to him and how he may or may not be off the wagon... well I hope it goes somewhere fairly significant or it'll be a lot of minutes wasted. Bill is ok... but not exactly the most interesting character. But then I suppose it makes a change to have CTU with less of the constant in-fighting and suspicion of previous seasons.

Am I the only one wondering what happened with Jack's "I don't know how to do this any more"? He remembered pretty quick and hasn't forgotten again. I'd like the character at some point to progress beyond the usual: "shoot torture shoot - small crisis of conscience - shoot torture shoot - attempt to do something suicidal only for someone else to do it - shoot torture shoot - shoot villain in revenge - have a little cry - start again". But at least this season we saw the rest of his family and discovered they're at least as messed up as him; hopefully that will provide more opportunities for him to completely lose it (is it wrong to want the protagonist to suffer mental breakdown?). Or at least it will fill some time when little blond Damien and his mom inevitably get kidnapped again :lol:

I was also disappointed that someone who seemed like a major character was disposed of fairly quickly... I had hoped he would stick around a bit longer, especially after his early scenes with Jack.

I guess I'm not exactly disappointed though... I've always been ambivalent about 24 even though I'm fairly addicted. Firstly there's obviously the problem of the hero not being a particulaly sympathetic character - but this season he's finally shown some signs of not being entirely comfortable with his methods and hopefully that will lead somewhere. Also déjà vu is a fairly common experience when watching 24... oh look more nukes... on a more basic level there are the "shout-at-the-screen" moments when a plot point is spectacularly lame. You know the sort: "What? AMNESIA!?!?!?!?!?" Plus the more obvious 'surprises': did anyone else see the outcome of Logan's visit to his ex-wife happening before he even walked in the door?
Also Jack's done some pretty psychotic things, a couple in particular spring to mind, and you have to wonder why the government still employs him. He always seems to be their only hope (Obi-Wan). Can they not find anyone else able to torture people with household objects? But I guess the biggest problem is the format: how do you keep fitting everything into a 24-hour period without including a fair bit of filler? I caught up with most of the previous seasons on DVD, but watching season 6 on a weekly basis it becomes more obvious and more annoying when it's a 'filler' episode that goes nowhere.

Woah, that was a long post... so what were your thoughts? :lol:

I've been staying up till 3am for several nights watching series 1 and 2. I'm now into series 3. It's a great show!!!

The show is spell binding.....I didn't read ZaphodB's post for fear of exposure to series 6.

Is it really bad????? I'm disappointed.:(

Not a bad season at all! Just the "filler" episodes (Well put Zaphod) seem pretty obvious. Last night wasn't a filler episode though, I don't think. I think watching the show on DVD is much more intense and exciting though, personally. :) Excellent show any way you look at it!

maybe next series he could be in bed with the flu. that way every forth episode he gets out of bed goes downstairs and gets himself a Lemsip, Oh the excitement

I LOVE this show but this season has been pretty boring so far but so was season 5 boring in the beginning but got sooo excited during the climax and resolution.

I think many 24 fans have heard about Jack Bauers pending departure from the show. I think this how they are going to get rid of Jack Bauer from 24 at least for a season or two. Jack is going to leave at the end of this season to look for Audrey or solve Audrey's murder in China. I wouldnt be surprised if next season Mike Doye (Rick Shroder) takes over as lead character and starts his what 8 season contract? (something like that). Then if the show is still going than in the middle of season 7 or 8 you will see Jack return with or without Audrey (Im leaning towards with) and some info that could solve the huge conspiracy for that season.

24!!!! WOOT WOOT

I hadn't seen the latest episode when I wrote that post...

But then I suppose it makes a change to have CTU with less of the constant in-fighting and suspicion of previous seasons.

... looks like I spoke too soon. They're busy torturing the staff again. Has there been a single season without a traitor in need of a good torturing?

I post now coming from my own 24 experience, or rather 26:30 and counting. Lets see Jack Bauer deal with a 16-hour overnight library essay-writing session; I know I'd rather try to defuse nukes than attempt that again. Maybe Fox will consider adapting my story for the next season? Anyway I am off to bed and may post again in about five years, good morning and good night.

Most reactions

Back