24C/50F for Fuji Pro film?

Zeabned

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I live in South Florida and just bought some Fuji Pro film. The box indicates the usual caveat about keeping out of heat and X-rays. But instead of the 74F preferred temperature, it lists 24C/50F as the temperature for this film grade. I guess I'll have to carry the loaded camera and the extra film inside a cooler to keep it close to that temperature. I guess this pro film is more sensitive than regular brands.

Must be a printing error, because 24 centigrade is 75 fahrenheit. I have some Velvia 100 in the fridge and on the box it says to keep it below 15C or 59F.

ThomThomsk said:
Must be a printing error, because 24 centigrade is 75 fahrenheit. I have some Velvia 100 in the fridge and on the box it says to keep it below 15C or 59F.

Good point, because now I notice that my other Fuji film roll pack (not the Fuji Pro 400 to which I referred earlier), also lists 75 fahrenheit, not 50. It must be printing error indeed, especially if the caveat doesn't change in temperature from one Fuji film grade to another.

Darn, I was just able to get ahold of the guy who recommended the fuji pro film and that it is indeed a printing error, but in the opposite way: It should read 10C/50F minimum temperature. In other words, Fuji does recommend a lower constant temperature for Fuji Pro film. That means it can't be even kept at normal room temperature at my place (73F with the a/c), or it might decline in quality or spoil altogether! I guess I should have paid more attention to the film selection/handling part of my first photography class!

Most reactions

Back