24C/50F for Fuji Pro film?

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by Zeabned, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Zeabned

Zeabned TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I live in South Florida and just bought some Fuji Pro film. The box indicates the usual caveat about keeping out of heat and X-rays. But instead of the 74F preferred temperature, it lists 24C/50F as the temperature for this film grade. I guess I'll have to carry the loaded camera and the extra film inside a cooler to keep it close to that temperature. I guess this pro film is more sensitive than regular brands.

2. ThomThomsk

ThomThomsk TPF Noob!

Must be a printing error, because 24 centigrade is 75 fahrenheit. I have some Velvia 100 in the fridge and on the box it says to keep it below 15C or 59F.

3. Zeabned

Zeabned TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Good point, because now I notice that my other Fuji film roll pack (not the Fuji Pro 400 to which I referred earlier), also lists 75 fahrenheit, not 50. It must be printing error indeed, especially if the caveat doesn't change in temperature from one Fuji film grade to another.

4. Zeabned

Zeabned TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Darn, I was just able to get ahold of the guy who recommended the fuji pro film and that it is indeed a printing error, but in the opposite way: It should read 10C/50F minimum temperature. In other words, Fuji does recommend a lower constant temperature for Fuji Pro film. That means it can't be even kept at normal room temperature at my place (73F with the a/c), or it might decline in quality or spoil altogether! I guess I should have paid more attention to the film selection/handling part of my first photography class!