2am at the oval

cosmogramma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
snapped my first night photos this morning after work. first time i've actually been to the olympic oval and it's at 2 in the morning haha. c&c appreciated. some are a tad bit blurry but I was using a high iso and no tripod. also haven't done any noise reduction (should have but am rushed)

4585110022_aa0d4136b7_o.jpg

4584482261_c50d5c3abf_o.jpg

my favorite. gives a good idea of the sheer size of this thing.

4584481793_37eda8bc74_o.jpg

loved the eerie lighting here. will have to go back again and get a steadier shot (it was 3am i was cold and tired lol)

4584481523_d9fc0363ea_o.jpg

4585110374_c32f6e6765_o.jpg

thanks

Last edited:
Nice! I'm from vancouver also. Pretty nice pictures even though a tripod wasn't used.

The last one is my favorite because I can't figure out what it is! I like the lines in the second one too, but the area on the left keeps drawing my attention away.

The last one is my favorite because I can't figure out what it is! I like the lines in the second one too, but the area on the left keeps drawing my attention away.

it's like a giant anus/jellyfish net that was put up as art

The second to last photo is amazing. I love it.
The composition, the light, and of course the pink/magenta.:sexywink:

Photo 2 came out best of the bunch, no doubt. The others DO show that you worked without a tripod and that you had to set the camera to the highest ISO possible, and a wide open aperture. They are the kind of photos that say: "Must go back again WITH the tripod and set the camera accordingly." They are very pleasing as to their composition, so the spots were good. That bridge is sooo asking for getting another night photo taken, WITH tripod, longer exposure times, smaller (!) aperture, and low ISO. Is it the same bridge as in the first photo? That wants to be taken again, too. Right from where you were.

The only really uninteresting one (for now) is the middle one of that street ... too dark, too blurry, not much to be seen.

yeah it's the same bridge. they put up these cool lights to illuminate it for the olympics. they change from red, green, blue, yellow, magenta. ikind of liked the eerie lighting in that little street but it didnt turn out quite right. will go back when I get a tripod. had the camera for 4 days lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back