2nd 'paid' portrait session x

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi all, today i did my 2nd 'paid job' - portraits of a friend's gorgeous little ones:lovey: ... i am beginning to feel more comfortable with my new 50mm 1.8 lens and learning to stop the aperture down a few stops too!!:lol: Melissa wanted pics with the hat on baby cooper and it was white, just like the backdrop so it probably blends in a bit but was so cute i had to post some. Anyway, burst my bubble if you like :mrgreen: but i think these are my best work yet!!! And i think i am finally happy with my black & whites!! - Yipppeeee xx any feedback is as always greatly appreciated xxx:heart:
#1...
IMG_6086.jpg

#2...
IMG_6145.jpg

#3...
IMG_6162.jpg

#4...
IMG_6168.jpg

#5... probably my favourite.. could he be any cuter at all?????
IMG_6151.jpg

#6...
IMG_6189.jpg

#7...
IMG_6220.jpg

#8...still have a long way to go with getting all subjects sharp in a group shot, but thanks to advice from some talented folk on this forum, i think i am improving?
IMG_6228.jpg

#9...
IMG_6304.jpg

#10...
IMG_6330.jpg

#11...will edit out her little pimple once i hit photoshop, was a bit keen to post!
IMG_6309.jpg

All photos were taken outside under my pergola with a backdrop - aperture priority mode, shot in RAW, converted to tiff using zoombrowser software... thanks so much for looking x

Really nice series. My favs are 6 and 11.

Wow these are great.. WHY cant mine come out this good? lol

#11 & 4 are my favorites. I love how the eyes are always so crisp and inviting in your work with children. Very nicely done, and I agree that this is your best series so far. It's been a treat to watch your photography evolve!

Smashing job!

The only suggestions I can offer are nit-picks. A slight crop off the left of #8 and a bit off the top of #9. It think these are the weakest two in general, but I love all of the rest.

Hooray!! Yippee!!! Thank-you!! I feel i have learnt SOOOOOO much from you amazing guys on this brilliant forum - i have never spent so much time on my computer in my life but i now feel i am getting the results!! It certainly was very rewarding looking at the shots i took and liking - loving about 80%!! Sorry about the babble but i have had the roughest month in my life and this has really given me a boost - and the forum itself has given me something else to think about... Thanks again xxx
PS..Bethany138 - yes, these were shot outside my house under a large covered entertainment area (pergola)... love the light under here x

You did a wonderful job here!! I dont see anything to burst your bubble about at all!!

Most reactions

Back