2nd roll of 35mm film

Kid_Rock_GTX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I just got done with my second roll of 35mm film, some of you might remember my first roll a couple weeks ago, here is the link to that one

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66828

I got alot better shots this time! Last time i had the ASA set on the wrong film and found out my light meter battery was dead. got this all taken care of cause i found the actual manual. I am going to post a few pictures and would like some advice on them. Also here is the whole album if you wanna check it out and help me figure this stuff out some more

The pictures im posting I would love for advice, everything and anything. Mostly toward acually how to make it turn out better like what I did wrong. Im not to worried about the composer im more worried about it turning out and why it didnt and what not, help me out guys

first what in the world is this? I had this happen to 2 of my pictures and dont really know what I did wrong

Picture #1
025_34.jpg

This one is probibly my most clear best looking one, the frameing and angle is nothing fancy im just glad it came out

picture #2
026_35.jpg

anyone know what happened here?

Picture #3
013_16.jpg

How is this one?

Picture #4
011_13.jpg

Thats about the best of them, In the album I have tons of a tree, could you guys look at those and tell me which ones the best and why. I just changed settings on them as i took them and some look good cause of this and some look good cause of that, im just not sure what this or that should be? lol

thanks in advice guys!

oh yea here is the album with all the pictures from my second roll of film
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/kid_rock_gxt/Second roll of 35mm/?start=0

The problem with picture #1 is your shutter speed is too fast to sync with your flash.

As far as the others, you need to concentrate on one thing and get that down, for example, composition. Work on that until you are satisfied then go to something else. Post them and explain what you are concentrating on and get the critique and you can do better the next time.

Good luck!

As mentioned...in #1, the shutter speed was too high to be using flash. Cameras have a max speed that will work...it's different for different cameras. Usually 1/60 to 1/250...so find out what it is for your camera and keep under than when using flash.

#3, the shutter speed was too slow and you are getting blur from a)camera shake and b)subject movement. Also, the indoor lighting is giving you a color cast.

#4 Also looks to be a victim of camera shake.

No. 1 could also be the last shot in the roll. Sometimes, when you've shot the whole film (say 36 out of 36 pics) there is still some film left and the camera thinks another shot can be taken. If you have a counter, it will show 37. You might think you got an extra shoot (and you may) but more often, you get 1/2 a pic.

Right on guys thanks for the advice. Hopfully the next roll will be even better I still dont quite understand the shutter thing with the first picture. your saying I had the shutter speed to like 1000 and it made that happen? I just cant really get my head around it

In the future, just set the shutter speed to 1/60 and you'll be safe.

The one a few down where you didn't know what happened, the flash didn't go off, for whatever reason. Not turned on, not charged, who knows?

The tantrum picture is funny.

The corn one is a bit boring.

In the future, just set the shutter speed to 1/60 and you'll be safe.

The one a few down where you didn't know what happened, the flash didn't go off, for whatever reason. Not turned on, not charged, who knows?

The tantrum picture is funny.

The corn one is a bit boring.

all the time? just run 1/60? or with a flash run 1/60?

and yea i didnt have the flash on the camera it wasnt working then but i got it to work for the other pics

Is there a setting I could use with the shutter and just kinda leave it for most my pictures? like 1/125 or 1/250?

Most reactions

Back