2nd trip to zoo

noob873

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107496
^first try^
As before I tried to make it not look like they were taken at a zoo (except the one of the orangutan), so let me know if I accomplished this. ;)
Continuation to the "trapped" thread in general gallery.
CC please. :)
DSC_0139d.jpg

DSC_0023b.jpg

DSC_0044c.jpg

DSC_0086b.jpg

DSC_0090b.jpg

DSC_0112b.jpg

DSC_0128c.jpg

DSC_0137b.jpg

DSC_0173b.jpg

DSC_0211c.jpg

This is a great set, and I blame you for me wanting to go to the zoo now. (I'll have to wait for a couple of months, though, as winter is still in full force here in the Canadian prarie).

These are great. I'm surprised more people haven't commented on them. I especially like 1, 6, and 7.

Wow, you did really, really well!
I particularly like the meerkat and the second of the koala pics!

These are great. I'm surprised more people haven't commented on them. I especially like 1, 6, and 7.
Seems like thats the way it usually is...:( haha oh well
Thanks. :)
love the last one. great series!! cept for that dang monkey!!! (im terrified of them)
I was unsure of that last one, glad you like it.
Wow, you did really, really well!
I particularly like the meerkat and the second of the koala pics!
I wanted to get a close up of his face but I dont have a good telephoto yet, I have one coming in the mail so I'll be sure to go there again once it comes. ;)

Really great images! How did you get the studio-like background in 6, 7 and 9? You've made me want to go to the zoo now :D

Combination of already dark background and photoshop. I made the shadows pitch black in another layer with curves, then to keep the animal not dark, I erased where it was on that layer, so it kept the better lighting.
Except the one of the monkey, where i made the highlights bright so it was all white. You get the idea. ;)
Then to make sure the background was all black, I used burn on shadows setting thing at 100%

wow all great pictures!

#1 is my favorite. Love the composition. Great series as well! :thumbup:

Glad you like it.
I still have some more to go through and edit, but I need to get around to doing it, I've been too lazy. :p

I like them all, but you probably guessed which are my favorites.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back