2nd try at night pictures!

iamthepip

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi the other day i made a thread showing some photos i did at 2am they really didn't turn out as well as i hoped but after some feedback and recommendations on what to try next time i feel that they turned out 100 times better!!

here is the link to that old thread
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/203187-2am-adventure.html

and here are the new and improved photos let me know what you think!? if they still suck let me know :)
IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

and for kicks information SUPER HIGHWAY!
IMG_3162.jpg

It could be me but is your white balance off. I see you had it set to tungsten but isnt that for indoor lighting? Some have shade some have daylight, some tungsten. Every pic has a yellow tinge? The composition on 1, 3 and 9 look ok. Keep practicing. Im not an expert by any means and havent done much night photos yet since I live half and hour out of town and well a black field looks black at night. Lol. Anyways keep at it.

Last edited:
It could be me but is your white balance off. I see you had it set to tungsten but isnt that for indoor lighting? Some have shade some have daylight, some tungsten. Every pic has a yellow tinge? The composition on 1, 3 and 9 look ok. Keep practicing. Im not an expert by any means and havent done much night photos yet since I live half and hour out of town and well a black field looks black at night. Lol. Anyways keep at it.

wow your good lol

yea those were the white balances i was switching between because i liked the tints it was providing :p

should i try and white balance it next time?

May want to bump your ISO up a little, most I looked at were 100. Most are also still underexposed. I hear the t2i's are good with noise, so going up a bit will yield you much better exposures without increasing the noise. Also I still see a few out of focus. Try this. Bump your ISO all the way up, use liveview, zoom into x10, and turn focus on manual. Focus on whatever your focus point will be and then put your ISO back down and adjust your shutter time and such. This way your focus will be sharper that trying to compose the shot in the viewfinder in the dark, or worse yet, letting AF try to find it.

May want to bump your ISO up a little, most I looked at were 100. Most are also still underexposed. I hear the t2i's are good with noise, so going up a bit will yield you much better exposures without increasing the noise. Also I still see a few out of focus. Try this. Bump your ISO all the way up, use liveview, zoom into x10, and turn focus on manual. Focus on whatever your focus point will be and then put your ISO back down and adjust your shutter time and such. This way your focus will be sharper that trying to compose the shot in the viewfinder in the dark, or worse yet, letting AF try to find it.

yup i was keeping at 100 iso because im scared of noise haha

ok ill try that next time

I love the last shot howd you get that one? I love the reflection in 9 it looks better without the grass as the foreground IMO.

all shots looks soft or out of focus completely..
#5 is a wee bit better than the rest.

#6 you want to watch out for the nasty horizon line..

You need a tripod, and a shutter release cable. :p

I love the last shot howd you get that one? I love the reflection in 9 it looks better without the grass as the foreground IMO.

all shots looks soft or out of focus completely..
#5 is a wee bit better than the rest.

#6 you want to watch out for the nasty horizon line..

You need a tripod, and a shutter release cable. :p

the last pic was just a long exposure and driving lol

what a horizon line?

and i had a tripod :/

4. I feel as though a crop in from the right would serve this one well.

7. I'm not a fan of the random heartblob... but I *am* curious as to how you did that, :lol:

I don't see any focuse in #8 and #10 is *really* out of focus... and your white balance being off makes it feel grungy...

the heart one was spur of the moment and i didnt feel like it looked bad lol

8 and 10 were rushed it was at 2 am and dark so i had a hard time focusing but i felt that they weren't horrible but i been told now how to fix it :p

ill try adjusting the white balance next time :p

thanks for the feedback

I like the color on #5, but I like #1 because of the currents and the smoke off the factories.

Most reactions

Back