Website
www.mountain-man-photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Let me know what you think!!!

albertapmws.jpg

Thanks,
mtnmanjc

I appreciate your title, however my eyes are all over this image and I can't focus on the falls (which is where I believe you want me to). I like the composition very much. The image looks "hard" to me...like over sharpened. Can you return and catch a different angle and an adjusted DOF? Just my .02 worth.

I agree with Jonmikal... do you use a tripod? if so, try using the slowest shutter speed possible to get ride of the "ragged edge" of the water. That will also allow you to use a smaller aperture and make the rest of the pic sharper...

Good luck!

I would also agree on slowing down your shutter speed. Makes for a nice effect. As for the composition, my eyes were all over the place as well. The part of the rock on the lower left-hand side is pretty distracting. I think more of the rock needs to be shown, or none at all. None at all, might be too much though...I'll be anxious to see what you turn up with.

Where was this taken at?

I like your image. I would also like it if it were cropped from the top of the water falls to the bottom border. I would like it if it were cropped from the bottom of the water falls to the top border.

I don't mind the blown out sky.

While I like the image I also agree the picture is a bit "busy" my eyes didn't focus on one spot for long.

Thanks for all the comments on the pic that I posted. To answer your questions this was taken in Rocky Mountain National park and truly is an unnamed waterfall. I went back to the falls, climbed down the cliff and waded the stream to take some more pics. Here is one. Let me know what you think of this one.

unnamedfalls03s.jpg

Thanks,
mtnmanjc

Yes, the second is much better. Way to open the picture up with a landscape crop. I would like to see cam turned slightly to the left, however, making the waterfall slightly off center and concentrating on the more interesting rocks on the left.

second one is much much better. I too would agree to have made the waterfall offset by aiming more to the left. Not only would this have shown the interesting rocks, it would have also reduced the bright distraction in the upper left of the picture.

The second one is great, even just a re-crop to take off that rock on the left would do wonders to it though. Great shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back