3 billion pixel image

Very cool shot!

Yeah, my young son and I looked at that last night, then switched over to some other gigapan images...we had a lot of fun looking at them together. One interesting gigapan we saw was made in Dubai. Another one that we looked at was made in Shanghai,China, and was made up of 12,000 canon 7D images, shot with a 400mm f/5.6 Canon EF lens and 2x Canon tele-converter, spanning a time frame of from 8:30 AM to around 4:30 PM on a single day with good,calm weather and clear skies. It was fascinating!!! The photographer said it took him around three months to upload the images!

What is really cool, is when you zoom in to full magnification and see the scale... Those little yellow crumbs at the bottom - are tents. Further up the slopes are lines of people making the ascents. And when you see their size, you begin to see just how massive the scale is. Ugh. I got tired just following the lines up the slope.

That was fun to view, and further solidifies my conviction that I am never going to climb that mountain. :lol:

Dear god. This is amazing... I wonder if they lug it around in an oversized flashdrive.
This picture is an experience.

awesome. That really gives you some perspective.

Meh... it's closer to 3.8 Gpx. :p

(The largest, full-size tile set is 120000 x 31840 pixels)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back