3 billion pixel image

That is superb.
Won't be that long b/4 it'll be done with an iphone :mrgreen:

I love those huge gigapixel photos, especially of cities. It's kind of fun to try to spot something interesting going on inside a building or on the streets :D

Well this is 2-3 hours I won't get back. No complaints though. ;P

The only thing I don't like about this picture is that it shows that climbing Mount Everest has been brought down to no more than a tourist attraction. So many people climbing in a line along a path, it's just going to make it easier to climb and now it's not gonna be seen as nearly a big deal. I bet the first people that reached the peak in 1953 are crying right now.

This is just my opinion however.

Yeah, my young son and I looked at that last night, then switched over to some other gigapan images...we had a lot of fun looking at them together. One interesting gigapan we saw was made in Dubai. Another one that we looked at was made in Shanghai,China, and was made up of 12,000 canon 7D images, shot with a 400mm f/5.6 Canon EF lens and 2x Canon tele-converter, spanning a time frame of from 8:30 AM to around 4:30 PM on a single day with good,calm weather and clear skies. It was fascinating!!! The photographer said it took him around three months to upload the images!

Reminds me of this girl that made zillions of pictures of her holiday, put some terrabytes of it on facebook, and it took aswel a few months to upload and tag and comment all her pictures. *sigh*

Totally bananas !

:D

The only thing I don't like about this picture is that it shows that climbing Mount Everest has been brought down to no more than a tourist attraction. So many people climbing in a line along a path, it's just going to make it easier to climb and now it's not gonna be seen as nearly a big deal. I bet the first people that reached the peak in 1953 are crying right now.

True. But now you can download the whole mountain to your computer in your living room, where's the necessity to climb it?
Maybe the trend will change now !

True. But now you can download the whole mountain to your computer in your living room, where's the necessity to climb it?
Maybe the trend will change now !

Some people like the challenge I guess. :p

Most reactions

Back