Photos OK to edit
Which one do you like best and why?

1)

IMG_0913.JPG

2)

IMG_0922 2.JPG

3)

IMG_0923.JPG

Not 1. The blank foreground leaves it like an empty stage waiting for the play to start.
2 has some nice criss cross lines, but nothing in particular happening. The shadows on the mountain are too harsh.
Probably 3 because the rocks and water add some interest.

#3 but I would work on it a bit.
Crop to square, adjust white balance (dial down blue and green), adjust the luminance of the blue (darker) and green (lighter) tone curve, add mid-tone contrast (clarity) and vibrance, light global sharpening.

A quick and dirty edit:
IMG_0923.JPG

I like #3 the most. I like the color palette and the depth. The first one is a bit flat, and the composition feels unbalanced. The second one is better - solid composition, good saturation of the colors... but it's sort of...postcardy.

The third one is an interesting color palette and a more interesting composition than the others. The lines are much stronger, leading up to a more dramatic sky.

I prefer KmH's crop (the foreground rocks in the original composition make the frame a little front-heavy) but I prefer processing closer to your original - not because I don't like his edit, but because I generally respond more to subdued processing.

Yes, #3, but with different processing.

#3 but I would work on it a bit.
Crop to square, adjust white balance (dial down blue and green), adjust the luminance of the blue (darker) and green (lighter) tone curve, add mid-tone contrast (clarity) and vibrance, light global sharpening.

A quick and dirty edit:
View attachment 146045

Thanks for the feedback and cool edit! I'll see what I can tweak ;)

I like #3 the most. I like the color palette and the depth. The first one is a bit flat, and the composition feels unbalanced. The second one is better - solid composition, good saturation of the colors... but it's sort of...postcardy.

The third one is an interesting color palette and a more interesting composition than the others. The lines are much stronger, leading up to a more dramatic sky.

I prefer KmH's crop (the foreground rocks in the original composition make the frame a little front-heavy) but I prefer processing closer to your original - not because I don't like his edit, but because I generally respond more to subdued processing.

Awesome! Yeah 3 is my fav too. Thanks for checking them out :)

#3 for sure.. much more foreground insterest.

Personally, I'd like to see it with a bit longer exposure to give it a more dreamy, dynamic feeling in the water and the clouds. But that is 110% personal preference.. many people don't agree with me.

#3 for sure.. much more foreground insterest.

Personally, I'd like to see it with a bit longer exposure to give it a more dreamy, dynamic feeling in the water and the clouds. But that is 110% personal preference.. many people don't agree with me.

Yeah I agree that long exposure would look cool too! For this one I wanted to capture the dramatic scene of the detail in the clouds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back