3 days worth of bugs

Why is that one lot lost?
When Christiane came home from India, one of her cards also jammed and she could only see the first 43 or so pics, but the remaining 433 or so remained hidden. Could not be accessed. But somehow, and don't ask me how, she got round to getting them downloaded (with someone else's help, of course, and I don't know what they did). But it seems like not all is totally lost when the reader can't read a card. Try to find out if not something can be done!

For it would be a pity if your (definitely brilliant!) photos of the little snake (or were it her two Beauty Snakes?) would be totally lost for all times!

Your bug photos are amazing! That crispness. Way, way cool. No wonder you (one of our worst hayfever patients around on the meet-up!) were always halfway in the grass or plants with your camera! The results that we see here (pre-Germany bug pics) speak their own language. Perfect!!!

thanks :) and the hayfever is alot better when i dont stick my face in the grass, so i havent done that the last few days. Works perfect :)
And my portable HD crashed or something. When i put those lost pictures on it, it probably crashed allready and i didnt notice it. So i thought the pics were on it and formatted the cards. Just later i noticed the error 3 on my display (still dont know what that meant) and burned the new pics on a dvd with Sky's laptop. So 2 days worth of pics is gone. Gonna try to look the portable with a program or something and see if i can recover something. Cause to me it looked like the lost batch was transfered, but im not sure.

Awww. I so hope you'll find means to recover the pics! Would be a real shame if you could not...!

Do you think you'd be able to get same quality shots without the flash? I have the 580ex but have never tried it with macro.

no i dont think i would. Im shooting at F13 with a shutter speed of 1/200. Without the flash the pics just come out black. So i really need the flash. And i also use a Lumiquest softbox on my flash to get rid of the harsh shadows.

I think the eyes in # 3, 6 & 8 are amazing, great color and so smooth. The rest are neat as well. #9 is right up on the top of the list as well. FYI,, I am a sucker for dragonflys and lizards LOL

I am a newbie so I can't comment on the tech end of things but these shots look great to my eyes.......

thanks for the replies :)
Im waiting for the bigger dragonflies to come. They are huge and green and great models...............as long as you dont move.

Ach, and there were thousands of those beautiful blue dragonflies on the bank of the Wümme when you and Sky sped past (and the other boats serenely floated past), and you could not stop and take a SINGLE photo of them... must have tugged at your heart, that sight! ;)

Awesome macros!

The lighting looks great.. Do you use your flash on the hotshoe?

yes, like Chris allready mentioned, i use the flash on the hotshoe. But in the pics of the meetup you see a difuser on the flash, while i usually use the Lumiquest softbox on it.
I was a little bummed that i didnt get the blue dragonflies, but i didnt want to get my camera out of the bucket while floating in a boat in casual pace. You guys were just really slow :mrgreen: But i thought, there are so many around, ill probably see some more once we get ashore............boy, was i wrong. But i did find alot of other bugs while i was walking around after the boat trip. But you'll just have to wait for those till i finished the rest of the trip :)

2, 3, 6, and 9 Rock! Nice pics man!

9 rocks cuz it looks like it's on a cannabis leaf! :D

These shots are amazing, look like they belong in a magazine. The colors are phenomenal.

Most reactions

Back