3 Flowers

rufus5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toddmckimmey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I picked up a few yards of black velvet and kludged a few things together to hold it up. I didn't really have a subject until we got a coupon for $10 of free flowers. I'm not entirely happy with these images, but they were a first test of the new setup. No flash used (yet, working on that tonight) so these are done with long exposures with a tungsten bulb and a single reflector to kick a bit of light up from behind. It took me a while before I got a handle on the metering as I don't have a spot meter (course I remembered my gray card about 2 hours after shooting...). C&C appreciated.

flower_1_4x5.jpg

#2 (this one has some odd DOF issues I haven't quite figured out yet)
flower_2_2x3.jpg

flower_5_1x1.jpg

For my taste #1 is my favorite the colors are very sharp and clear. Print it and hang it up :thumbup: :thumbup:
Troy

Thanks for the kind words, Troy. I have a 16x20 version of #1 ready if the wife gives me the go ahead to print.

You know, I was just thinking of buying some velvet today to do just this. I think you've given me enough inspiration to go ahead and do it.

#1 is great! All three turned out very well.

i think number 1 is boring and overdone.

i think 3 is awsome

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I actually sold a #1 in a 16x20 after posting it to my website. Hackneyed? Ayup, but people like them apparently.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back