3 for C&C please :)

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went for a walk today. I was trying to photograph hawks (got a crappy couple of photos of a red-tailed hawk the other day) and had no luck.

Nothing too original, but I tried.

See a lot of this style lately. I know it's bright but I like it I think?
trendy2.jpg

Also is it better in landscape?
trendy.jpg

This leaf must have held on through the winter, wish there were more signs of spring in this picture. Would give it some impact.
hanginthere2.jpg

An HDR (handheld 2 EDIT: I mean 3 exposure bracket) of an awesome sky I saw while I was walking back to the car.
wildlifepreservesunset.jpg

Also got some (cheap 10 dollar) macro extension tubes in the mail that seem to like being mated with the kit lens. I however need practice and don't have anything worth showing off yet. Making a homemade lightbox at the moment :)

Last edited:
In #1, vertical and horizontal, the blurred background dominates the image and is your main subject, though I suspect the thin stem and buds were the intended subject. In both flash was needed to reverse that and allow making the background darker, much darker.

In art light advances and dark recedes. We expect things closer to use to be brighter and things farther away to be darker. Your #1's are the opposite.

#2 could work if you change the color of the leaves in an image editor.

Three exposures will work for an HDR if the dynamic range is not to large. In this case it probably would have taken 6 to 9 exposures and a tripod.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back