M.Powell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4631174096_e5e6f34d60_b.jpg

4630572705_2339aeca8d_b.jpg

4631173510_485cda5e91_b.jpg

ok, these must really suck :meh: 2 different forum posts and tons of views and nothing posted about them... so if they suck what do I change????

There is no exposure information accompaning your photos so no one knows what to suggest. Most of the others here are also beginners.
#1 is underexposed and the conversion to B&W lacks contrast.

Google "photographic exposure" and "B&W conversion"

#2 has an strange green color cast usually indicating a possible improper white balance setting. Read your camera manual.

#3 again underexposed.

What shooting (Auto, Sv, Av, P, M?) and metering modes are you using (spot, center-weighted, evauluative)?

Start learning how to use your flash. www.planetneil.com

There is no exposure information accompaning your photos so no one knows what to suggest. Most of the others here are also beginners.
#1 is underexposed and the conversion to B&W lacks contrast.
Didn't convert to B&W, was shot in monochrome.
Google "photographic exposure" and "B&W conversion"

#2 has an strange green color cast usually indicating a possible improper white balance setting. Read your camera manual.
tried to fix the pink hue in post, looked fine on my computer but it was super late at night and all lights out, so today it does have a green color to it... thanks
#3 again underexposed.
underexposed... any ideas?
What shooting (Auto, Sv, Av, P, M?) and metering modes are you using (spot, center-weighted, evauluative)?
was shot in Av, evaluative metering on all of them.

Start learning how to use your flash. www.planetneil.com
was trying to use natural light as someone suggested without using flash... perhaps that's wrong??? lol

The monochrome setting makes poor B&W images.

Use Exposure compensation to avoid underexposure. Stick with Evaluative. So you're using Canon gear?

Yes, I think it's wrong to rely on "natual light" particularly indoors.

A large part of the photographers job is to control the light, not just blindly accept the light that's available.

Many aren't willing to make the effort to comprehend that next level of complexity using strobed (flash) light entails.

Start learning now.

Strobed light is most effective when the light is not on the camera, A.K.A. - off camera flash (OCF). Visit www.strobist.com and click on the Lighting 101 tab there in the lower right corner.

Yes, I think it's wrong to rely on "natual light" particularly indoors.

A large part of the photographers job is to control the light, not just blindly accept the light that's available.

Many aren't willing to make the effort to comprehend that next level of complexity using strobed (flash) light entails.

Start learning now.

Strobed light is most effective when the light is not on the camera, A.K.A. - off camera flash (OCF). Visit www.strobist.com and click on the Lighting 101 tab there in the lower right corner.

If I could afford to spend anymore right now an OCF is wanted... lol Just trying to learn with what I have right now. Thanks :)

Most reactions

Back