3 from a "rainforest"

verticalization

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, these are taken from the Biosphere 2 in Tucson, AZ..
an amazing complex, that houses 3 sealed/selfcontained environments..
These 3 were taken from the "rainforest" section of the place..
sadly i was shooting in JPG the whole day.. i really wish i woulda been in RAW..

I'd really love some C&C on these..
1. (i think this woulda turned out better, had i not cut off his right arm)
IMG_3114e.jpg

IMG_3109e.jpg

IMG_3115e.jpg

If anyones interested, the whole set is at http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v54/Impreza3/Biosphere/
but so far, these 3 are my favorite out of all of them

I was thinking the very same as DRoberts and Draomius did before me! Photo 3 has the most potential but sure needs some "tweaking" in Photoshop or any other similar programme.

Oh, it even says your photos are "OK to edit", so I tried my hands at the last, with this result (and I only adjusted the "levels", upped contrasts by one notch, and added a tad of saturation to the yellows, then applied a mild USM = unsharp mask), and this is the result:

verticalisation_IMG_3115e_myedit.jpg

The lens flare ring becomes more apparent now, but I don't have the time to painstakingly take it out...
Also the noise begins to show ... what camera did you work with? Was it one that already begins to show noise at 400 ISO?

I think he's standing in the dense fog they're producing to make this rainforest biosphere what it is...

I like what you did with it Lafoto, i had added a little bit of saturation and desaturated the lense flare ring a bit..
Anyways, on number 1, where we were standing is basically where 75% of the mist was comming out, i thought it looked pretty sweet.

The camera i used is a canon rebel XT/350D, with canon 28-135mm IS/USM lense set at ISO 400, i really really wish i had been shooting these in RAW.. i might have to take a trip back there and see if i can replicate the results, only in raw.. and maybe things will come out better.

I really like LaFoto's PP of #3 looks good now...

Most reactions

Back