KKJUN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at the train station yesterday, and i managed to grab this shot:

1.)
4138692477_f08c9d5c8d_b.jpg

On my way home, i saw this lamp. I rolled my moped on it, and I thougt the shadow was quite interesting. Of course, I didn't have a tripod with me, so getting a clean photo was hard:

2.)
4139455616_44def0d418_b.jpg

3.)
4139457380_a7dc444f55_b.jpg

#2 is sinister-looking. Like it'd be in a 1940s film about about the Nazis.

love number 2 :D
number 1: ...is it a bit blur?

1. could be improved if the train was in focus while the background was blurry

2. i like the shadow of the wheel on the wall.

3. neat shot using the light as a spotlight.

On number 1, I agree that if only the train had motion blur, it would be much better. I would also straighten it out. Love number 2, very cool.

yeah, I agree with you guys on number 1, but as I said, i didn't have a tripod, and it was kind of a point and shoot thing. I'll try to do a better one the next time I'm at the train station.

thanks for all the kind words on number 2, most people I showed it to said something like "meh.. I don't know.."

# 1 is blurry and not the good kind, i like number 2, and number 3 has potential if a little more of it was lit! keep it up

i like it, although number 1 did not come out exactly how you wanted, i think its still pretty neat, the second one, like someoen said already "nazi movie", the third one i think is the best, good attention and i like the composition

i concur personally, whilst #1 does look nice, and i see the intent there, it just looks all blury, as others have said if the train was frozen, or even if the train was blury and the surrounding sharp.

imo #2 is the best, shame about no tripod though. still, looks good

#3 doesn't float my goat sorry.

and yes i meant to say goat

1) seems a bit blury (dun kno if thats the effect u were goin for?) cool colors

2) dark and mysterious i like!

3) not bad lighting could b slightly better

I like no 2. Really like the shadow on the wall of the wheel.

No 3 is nice too. For some reason i cant see no 1.

Cheers

If you don't want movement in the train (I presume it was moving) a tripod would have been of no assistance, panning the camera with the train at an exposure of around 125th should make the background full of movement and the train sharp focus. It is also very important with panning to keep the camera at the same angle as the subject.
Best regards

well, my intention on number 1 was to get the train sharp in the front, but blurry in the back. It sort of came out how I wanted it, but yeah, it's a little too blurry.

well, my intention on number 1 was to get the train sharp in the front, but blurry in the back. It sort of came out how I wanted it, but yeah, it's a little too blurry.
Panning takes a good bit of practice to get real good. Keep at it.

Most reactions

Back