3 HOURS TO LEARN ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS... HELP!

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all I have a bit of an emergency. Ive never done engagement photos before, and these are going to be at the beach. They hired me today, but they need me for 5 o clock!!\

I dont have any equipment besides camera and tripod... eek. What do I do?

Any posing ideas? Whats the BEST way to capture them as silhouttes, something I wanted to try... any other pointers?! HELP!

for silloettes, expose for the background (must be brighter than subject) instead of the subjects.

good luck!

I am not a photographer but I would suggest maybe having a checklist of shots you should take depending on what kind of engagement it is (for e.g. the engaged couple with each set of parents / with their siblings and so on.. and a closeup of the rings as well?) If you have a basic checklist of shots to take then it might help so you don't miss something.

Good luck!

I'm guessing that you lived through this. My advice is to never offer services that you have not at Least researched again unless your customer is aware that you have no experience and wants you anyway.

mike

I'm guessing that you lived through this. My advice is to never offer services that you have not at Least researched again unless your customer is aware that you have no experience and wants you anyway.
I agree.

So...how did it go?

Do what you know. Don't try to learn new things on the clients' time (unless you know you have already covered what they expect). Did you show them a portfolio? They should be expecting something similar.

There are lots of helpful tips in the Wedding and Portraiture forum for doing weddings and portraits, maybe you could peruse that section to adapt some of that advice for your engagement session?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back