3 Landscapes... Opinions Please.

theheater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot three landscapes recently, and I would love everyones opinion please...

1)

forreview2.jpg

2)

forreview.jpg

3)
forreview3.jpg

Great colours.
first one is my favourite. It's that quintessential landscape picture that everyone has but it's pretty - that's why everyone has it! :)

In the 2nd, the tree is incredibly distracting and doesn't add to the landscape as the first one does.

In the 3rd, I'm confused as to what is the subject... the flowers or the sun? Eventhough you'd done a really nice exposure here... I keep thinking that the flowers should be more of the subject - because they're more interesting than the sunset here. I can picture them with the orange light back lighting them a bit more.

Seems like I am thinking in the same manner as Vicky is here, for the first thought that went through my mind about the first photo was "This is a classic" (while she said "quintessential landscape picture that everyone has"). Well done on the "classic".

And also I feel that the tree does not add to the sunset pic in 2, but rather distracts from it.

However, I quite like the idea of 3 and the use of two subjects, both flowers and the sunset and I also think that you worked well on the exposure!

Very nice images. Colors are nice, I do agree with the tree being a slight distraction from the sunset in #2 but for some reason I like the flowers in the foreground of #3.

Good Job. :)

Thanks for the comments everyone... I really like the first pic, and originally I had done it as an HDR image, but later reverted back to the single exposure since it did look more "classic".

I agree with you on picture #2, thats what I was concerned about....

I myself am mixed on pic #3, I like it... but then I'll look at it again, and not like it... damn me, I am hard on myself :)

For me, it's something about the coloring of the flowers in #3 that I don't like. (now I'm not an expert!) To me, they look like they have that odd cold coloring you get from using the flash. That's the main thing I don't like about that one. But I do really like #1.

Most reactions

Back