3 new shots, Critique please!

Deadlock1942

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All from today. Their all completely different, sorry.

1. My first time shooting animals, how'd I do.
birdbuttcrop.jpg

takingastroll.jpg

women.jpg

#1 is technically very well done, the water looks amazing. I just wonder if duck-butt is the best subject matter :) I wonder if the same shot a second later as the duck emerged would have worked better?

#2 isn't doing much for me, feels kinda flat with the huge DOF and there's a ton of 'stuff' in the frame with nothing calling my attention. Maybe if it were a narrower DOF focused on the woman walking or something.

#3 is cool, the contrast is great and women / emergency exit interplay is interesting. I'm partial to pattern shots and high contrast so this is a big thumbs up for me!

--Illah

Holy crap, I took the exact same photo as #1 a while back. A Mallard taking a dive.

#3 is interesting... A womens only exit??? what was this, an abortion clinic? lol

--Illah

Haha, thanks. I took the shot a couple of time, head out of water as well, and it just wasn't as interesting, to me at least.

--hawkeye

Sorry for nabbing your photo! Hey, I'm sure many people have taken that shot before. The last shot was a restroom I think, I shot it from behind a fence, so I could really see much.

--Illah

Haha, thanks. I took the shot a couple of time, head out of water as well, and it just wasn't as interesting, to me at least.

--hawkeye

Sorry for nabbing your photo! Hey, I'm sure many people have taken that shot before. The last shot was a restroom I think, I shot it from behind a fence, so I could really see much.

I love the EXTREME contrast from the total blackness of the exit way, and the total whiteness of the Women's sign.

This picture really grew on me fast. I like!

Most reactions

Back