3 Ocean Side HDR photos

Timmaaaay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my second time working with HDR. This is one of my favorite spots in my town:

hdr1small2h.jpg

hdr2small2.jpg

hdr3small.jpg

Very nice shots. For my taste the greens in the first one are a bit "too much", but that's just me. The second one is very cool and the "whatever it is" in the foreground makes it very interesting.

My favorite is #3 though. I absolutely love what good tonemapping can make out of old wood/metal and generally aged industrial/technical stuff. Love the small details in there, too.

First two didn't grab me (I really don't care for HDRs much), but the last one is COOL.

the yellows in the first picture look overdone. also, the coastline across the water looks like it's lined in gold...probably not the case. work on those yellows a bit too

I'm not sure the first works so great for HDR. But I've never done HDR... I just didn't really care for the first.

The second was a little bit better. Not my favorite, but a good bit better than the first, in my opinion.

The third is really great though. Thats my favorite of this series, definitely.

for me post-processing or whatever has a little killed the first photo, I prefer the second one

Last edited:
#3 turned out great, nice work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back