Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
116-File4258.jpg

116-File4260.jpg

116-File4261.jpg

Contact print: seem a little soft, could that be from not using a top glass to keep the negative flat?
116-File4263.jpg

It could be. That was my first guess; however, what kind of camera were you using? It's possible that it wasn't quite focused on the film plane.

[Edit]

After looking again, it's sharper in the center than at the edges... lengthwise for the most part, which points toward an un-flat negative. Try doing it again... but still tell us the camera!

Thanks for the input; if I recall right it was very wind that day so center is likely the right sharpness

Crown graphic with Optar 135mm f4.7
Film - Arista.edu 200iso
Paper - Ilford Multigrade IV RC

If it was wind, then the tops of the trees would move, but the trunks wouldn't move at the ground. Anything anchored to the ground should be stable, and appear sharp. In this case, the trees are sharp midway up, and the sharpness extends across the length of the image. I'd say that the negative was probably slightly curled along it's length, with the edges every so slightly lifted off the paper.

Try reprinting, but lay a sheet of picture-frame glass across the negative, and hold it at the corners with light pressure to keep the negative flat against the paper.

Not sure yet, I like the high contract look (IMO) that paper seem to give, but also know that I can get that same look with a iso25 film, This Ilford paper is a lot easier to work with than the Foma I was using,

Also I have not tried reprinting the film shot of the trees and likely will not soon, been sick all week, the lymphatic in my low right leg caused a fit this week

Most reactions

Back