3 Questions. nikon people

stumpjumper21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
is there a battery grip that will work with my d70s?

and what is a good lower priced, but faster 70-200 or so ish lens? I have been looking at the tameron and sigma.

what is a good flash? yet again, cheap

thanks

1) yes: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Battery-Pack-Power-Grip/dp/B0009EWDTS]Amazon.com: Nikon D70 Battery Pack Power Grip: Camera & Photo[/ame]

2) I have no idea.

3) Nikon SB-600

1. Answered

2. The Sigma 70-200 2.8 can be a very good piece of glass. But you occasionally get a bad copy. I bought mine sight unseen off of ebay and it is a great copy. Nice and sharp wide open at the long and short end. I like is a lot. And use it quite often.
KWH_8555-1.jpg

3. The SB-600 is going to be your best bet for what you're looking for. The can be had for under 180 on B&H, Adorama, and even Circuit City now.

1) opteka made one, don't know if they're still available. it's weird though, fires via remote release.. you stick the transmitter over the IR sensor on the D70 body.. like I said.. weird.
2) how much lower priced? nikon made an 80-200/2.8 AF-S and AF-D. the former sells for about $1100, the latter for about $800. (personally, if I had a need for a tele, I'd buy the 80-200AF-S over the new 70-200VR.)
3) look for a used SB800 before settling on a 600. both are good, but the 800 is easier to use (ergonomically) and has a bit more power. also functions as a master, but so will your built-in flash.

1. Few Options

2. A Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 or Nikon AF-D 80-200 f/2.8

3. Own a SB-600 Love it. ( Just Need to learn how to use it)

I had a grip with my D70s that plugged into the usb on the end of the camera via a cable. Can't remember the brand though. They are out there though. Do a google search.

I have a Tamron 70-200 that was $800 out the door with a filter and it's a beautiful lens. Super sharp, fairly fast Autofocus and great build quality. Not to try to plug my blog but I did a review here: JLykinsphotos: At the Long End

I have both the SB600 and SB800 and I have to say that if you can afford it get the 800 because of the wireless capability. I know you can do commander mode with the D70s and the Sb600 but still it's nice to be able to controll the channels...

1. answered

2. Tamron outresolves the Sigma but is a tad slower to focus. I'd go for the Nikkor 80-200 2.8 over both of these

3. SB800

Most reactions

New Topics

Back