3 recent pics for C&C

here made a edit hope you dont mind

What is it with you and bastardizing peoples pics? You didn't even give a critique, just a hack job on his photo. Lay off the actions. Its like you can't be satisfied with just a proper picture, you always have to screw with a bunch of actions. ( ok now that I am done with that )

I actually like #1 the way it is. Although it needs to be leveled slightly and it would have been better if the ocean was a little less hazy. Could have tried a CPL filter to cut down on a little of that.

2 Has nice vibrant colors and is pretty decent but slightly boring composition and subject. I don't like the shadow on the left chair but thats just nitpicky stuff.

The last one is just underexposed. Try using a little fill flash next time. Just turn the exposure comp way down on the pop up flash and see if that helps give just a little shot of light to the shadows.

What is it with you and bastardizing peoples pics? You didn't even give a critique, just a hack job on his photo. Lay off the actions. Its like you can't be satisfied with just a proper picture, you always have to screw with a bunch of actions. ( ok now that I am done with that )

I actually like #1 the way it is. Although it needs to be leveled slightly and it would have been better if the ocean was a little less hazy. Could have tried a CPL filter to cut down on a little of that.

2 Has nice vibrant colors and is pretty decent but slightly boring composition and subject. I don't like the shadow on the left chair but thats just nitpicky stuff.

The last one is just underexposed. Try using a little fill flash next time. Just turn the exposure comp way down on the pop up flash and see if that helps give just a little shot of light to the shadows.
I respect your words, however I like to give people another look at there photo and if they don't want there photos to be edited then it shouldn't be checked that it is ok. also as for the CC I am sorry I usually do I really do like the first shot and it was my fav and still is, however I find the other 2 to be a bit boring

hahaha its all good. I joined this site so people could help me and even give me their ideas on how to edit a little better. While i wasn't crazy for your edit, it shows me some other techniques I could use on other photos. As far as the other two, they were just quick shots. I was at my grandfathers 90th birthday and my mom was nagging me to get pics so I did them just to get her off my back. At first I thought the flowers shot was a great pic until I looked over it more and read your critiques, and now I know some things that I can do better next time.

I respect your words, however I like to give people another look at there photo and if they don't want there photos to be edited then it shouldn't be checked that it is ok. also as for the CC I am sorry I usually do I really do like the first shot and it was my fav and still is, however I find the other 2 to be a bit boring

I dont mean to be mean. Its just when someone is new here and possibly new to photography, it can be very harmful for you to give the impression that unless they do that extreme PP crap that there pic isnt good. Its a disservice to the forum and to the newbie. So try including some c+c or atleast preface it by saying." I just like screwing with peoples pics for fun, here is my take on it."

i personally try to stay away from PP. I'd rather be good at taking pics than clicking a mouse.

thats what the action is called

ahhhh....i thought you were describing the image :lol:

and for the record, theres much more to PP than clicking a button. processing ain't **** if you dont have a vision or know-how.

Believe me, I know there's a lot to PP. Went to school for all that stuff.

oh word. cool.

i stand corrected...not once did you say that clicking is all it takes.
my bad. :hug::

I am in no way saying post processing is bad, just to the extreme it becomes a matter of taste. That being said, I also dont mind er111a's love of that type of PP. My problem.lies in how it was presented to you. Just trying to make the forums a better place....group hug everyone .:lmao:

i love the first one and the edit that Er111 did to it. The original makes me feel like its early morning and me and my gf just woke up to watch it and go back to bed. the edited version makes me think of Silent Hill. Very alone and scary like some zombies are gonna come from the ocean and attack

i can feel the love in here :)

Thanks for all the feedback.

Most reactions

Back