3 recent portraits

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by newrmdmike, Apr 8, 2008.

1. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    so i haven't been very good about posting or visiting or ANYTHING, so i'm going to try to get going on the forum again . . . heres 3 i processed this week.

one is of my gramp, other two would be of the BEST model ever. :drool:;) very awesome, got invited to the lakehouse for the last couple of days or spring break, doesn't get much better than that.

[​IMG]

wide angle i know. . . does the perspective bother you?

[​IMG]
    the color is WAYYYYYY WAYYYY off. . . please god, if anyone reading this knows why, when i view in lightroom, cs2, explorer, fax viewr, it looks right, but uploads looking different please help. . . i'm so sick of this problem.

[​IMG]

2. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow, I really like all three of these!
    My only nitpicks are
    1.) Her head and her hand are closer to the edge of the frame than I prefer...Her left hand looks kind of weird, like she's cupping her breast too;) But, she looks absolutely gorgeous anyway.
    2.) She looks VERY beautiful in this one. Love her brown eyes. Not sure if it's the angle or the lens or what, but it seems like her arms are wider than they probably are in real life and she probably won't like that. Maybe just a bit of liquify here? Although, she looks good without it too.
    3.) Love his expression:) Love the range of blacks to whites as well. It's very dramatic and I dig that. In fact, I think the only thing I dislike is the centered crop, but it definitely is a minor thing.

Nice job!

3. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Looks fine to me, that's because firefox 3 has colour management. That's your issue. The image uses the PhotoPro RGB colour profile that is default to Lightroom. Great for editing, but not all that hot for compatibility. Infact nothing is good for compatibility.

When you save out your final copy either in photoshop click edit -> convert to profile, select sRGB IEC9xxxxxxx as the destination space, play with the rendering intents to make sure it doesn't look funny, select blackpoint compensation and done :) Alternatively if you use File -> Savefor Web you can select always convert to sRGB from the little options arrow on the right.

In Lightroom the same thing when you export files ensure sRGB is the destination colour space. Anything saved in a format other than sRGB will not look right unless viewed with a colour managed application.

These look great btw. Love the one of Gramps. The centred look even adds to the photo as it solidifies his expression somewhat.

4. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks garbz, i need to get reading about profiles, its even stranger since they print perfect from mpix.

and thanks for the comments aprilramone, there is def some breast cupping going on, bc otherwise it was way over the top cleavage. . . it was too much. and i don't know why her arms look like that, but she doesn't have big arms, i'll look and see what the focal length was when i get home. i CAN say though that her arms aren't big, she weighs maybe 105 lbs. serious curves for a tiny woman.

5. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    anyways, was going for old school pinup in the color one . . . hit or miss?

6. KristinaS

KristinaS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like the pictures, (a lot!), but I don't think the second looks like a pinup shot...and I don't think it's your fault. The pose works for what you were going for, but I just don't think she looks like a pinup girl herself. I think if her makeup was done differently (cherry red lips, dramatic eyeliner, etc.) and she was wearing a sexier outfit it would have probably been better.

7. spiffybeth

spiffybeth TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i agree with this and id like to add that she needs more cleavage and for her chest not to be cut off in the frame.

gramps looks phenomenal!!!

8. snapclick

snapclick TPF Noob!

these photos are actually nice but i think it would look better if you cropped and focused more on the face. the best for me, among the three, is the third photo. the grandfather's photo shows happiness! i like how those wrinkles laughs and show smiles!

9. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Did you play around with different crops in the ssecond one - it does seem like there is a lot of empty space above her head. I imageins you were tring to not chop the hair. Her eyes look very pretty.
    Good job on the gramps pic a lot of detail there but I think - I only notice this because I do it all the time! - that the vignette has run into his chin a little on the one side. :thumbup:

10. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah i have another crop that is tighter on the face.

again thanks all

11. Lacey Anne

Lacey Anne TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I reallylike #2. The orange background is superb and your pp is perfect.

12. A&A_Lane

A&A_Lane TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    All 3 are great photos but my favorite is #2 and #3. Normally, I'm not fond of center crops but it definitely adds to photo #3.