3 seniors...

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here's a brief few recent ones...just thought i'd share :)

Bryan062e-sm.jpg

Preston010e-sm.jpg

Preston023e-sm.jpg

Preston007ebw-sm.jpg

Lydia009e-sm.jpg

Lydia077e-sm.jpg

Lydia098e-sm.jpg

Lydia092e-smbw.jpg

thanks for lookin' !

2, 5 & 6 are my faves... once again, amazing colours and clarity! I am ridiculously excited so I have to share - Im buying a 5D plus two L lenses... Im thinking the 70-200 2.8 IS L lens and either the 18 -55 2.8 IS L lens or the 24-107? 2.8 IS L lens?.... thanks for your inspirational work! x

Great shots, as usual. I agree, the color and clarity are outstanding.

Im thinking the 70-200 2.8 IS L lens and either the 18 -55 2.8 IS L lens or the 24-107? 2.8 IS L lens?
The 70-200 F2.8 L IS, is a great lens...one of the best :thumbup:
The 18-55 F2.8 IS, it isn't an L lens and it's actually an EF-S lens...so it won't work with the 5D. Have a look at the 24-70 F2.8 L or the 24-105 F4 L IS.

Great Shots, as usual! Love the poses in all. #7 is my fav.

Were all shot with available light? Reflectors?

Your lighting mood is always dead on.

All I can say is the usual - awesome!

I am so jealous, I wonder if I can ever produce those types of pictures.

How long does it take you to do post processing on one shoot?

The 70-200 F2.8 L IS, is a great lens...one of the best :thumbup:
yeah!!! that is a definite for sure.
The 18-55 F2.8 IS, it isn't an L lens and it's actually an EF-S lens...so it won't work with the 5D.
...ooops! thanks mike. am a bit sleep-deprived after a big easter weekend and got all my numbers mixed up. thanks again. it was the 24-70 that I meant!! oops again.

Have a look at the 24-70 F2.8 L or the 24-105 F4 L IS.

Might have to pm you soon about alien bee lighting kits too. Thanks for your help.

Jem x

I am so jealous, I wonder if I can ever produce those types of pictures.

How long does it take you to do post processing on one shoot?
Judging from what these look like, most of the work hasn't been done in post production. It looks to have been with longish lenses at wide open apertures using reflectors.

Take #7 for example, I'd bet that was taken with an 85mm f/1.4 and a gold reflector was underneath the girl to give her neck and face that yellow tone, the lens could have been wide open, but I'm thinking maybe it was at f/1.8 or f/2 for sharpness. In post processing, just do some cloning, patching, maybe a little dodging and burning depending on what the reflector did and color correction and you're done.

thanks everyone!

Judging from what these look like, most of the work hasn't been done in post production. It looks to have been with longish lenses at wide open apertures using reflectors.

Take #7 for example, I'd bet that was taken with an 85mm f/1.4 and a gold reflector was underneath the girl to give her neck and face that yellow tone, the lens could have been wide open, but I'm thinking maybe it was at f/1.8 or f/2 for sharpness. In post processing, just do some cloning, patching, maybe a little dodging and burning depending on what the reflector did and color correction and you're done.

you're kiiinda close. i did do a little bit of post work (as you said)...

the reflector was a soft gold (silver and gold stripes) was actually to subject left and a tiny bit behind her (not directly to her side). it was taken with a 70-200 stopped down to f4.

More questions:)

About how long do you spend with each senior? Do you generally just go to one place or do you like to go to different locations with them? (I mean, in one shoot, do you go to different places?)
How many proofs/shots do you give to them? Does it just depend on how many good ones you got? Or do you always have a set amount?

I'm lovin' that last one.

thanks everyone!

you're kiiinda close. i did do a little bit of post work (as you said)...

the reflector was a soft gold (silver and gold stripes) was actually to subject left and a tiny bit behind her (not directly to her side). it was taken with a 70-200 stopped down to f4.
What? at f/4? wow that's some short DOF. must have been at 200mm than.

More questions:)

About how long do you spend with each senior? Do you generally just go to one place or do you like to go to different locations with them? (I mean, in one shoot, do you go to different places?)
How many proofs/shots do you give to them? Does it just depend on how many good ones you got? Or do you always have a set amount?

I'm lovin' that last one.

i'll send you a PM April :)

What? at f/4? wow that's some short DOF. must have been at 200mm than.

i checked the EXIF data to double check...it was 1/250, ISO 100, f/4, 145mm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back