DavesVectorIllustration-1.jpg

1 would be good if shot from a lower angle, and straightened
2 is boring
3 is boring and overprocessed

#1. I agree with Rusty
#2. doesn't do much for me
#3. I actually really like it

Are you drunk?

I'm just trying to understand why all your images are tilted.

I'm not sure why people on a beginner forum give criticism that is harsh and directionless. What's boring to you might be interesting to someone else. In any case, unless you explain why you think an image is boring (or interesting, or good, or bad, or why you like or don't like it) your feedback is meaningless.

Yes, all of the images need to be straightened, and that's an easy fix, but an important one.

#1 This image has good contrast, but it is blurry. It looks like you focused on the ribbon, but the clean lines of the black bottle would look more visually appealing if they were sharper. Try a narrower aperture.

#2 This image has a great deal of energy and dynamic movement. However, it has little tonal variety. One way to achieve this might be to use a faster shutter speed. More space will appear between the droplets.

#3 Does look over-processed, and perhaps it is trying too hard to achieve something. It seems like too much of a departure from the original image. Perhaps too much of it sinks into blackness, the left side is blurry and confusing, You could provide more texture by setting up an off camera flash a few feet to your left to pick up the shapes of the posts.

I like the last one as well but I feel like its a little too soft. I'm new at this so I am just going with my instinct here. I am kinda curious as to what the oringinal looked like.

er111a

Do you feel compelled to edit each and every photo until you feel like you have performed a certain amount of work. Sometimes a subtle touch is all that is needed.
#3 with less editing is the most interesting of your photos. Also, with all of the editing, how come you do not correct for the horizon?

And here I thought we were finally just going to ignore these threads. There was such hope in my soul :lol:

#1. I find the subject un-inspiring, the angle too severe (to hide the background?), and the top of picture is distracting due to the corner of the table. The Crop feels very tight..

#2. For me the angle is too severe again - needs to be further back and closer to the ground, But i like how the there are tiny specks of light shining from the droplets of water on the grass. Very grey picture which i don't like so much.

#3. Pretty much similar to every other PP'd picture of a jetty and lake I've seen, may be a good stock image if the focus was a little more grounded and deeper, seems over exposed and very soft around the edges - I like the texture of the Timber on the Jetty, but that's thanks to the builder.

i like the three of them no3 being the best in my own opinion,i like the composition and the overal mood you went for but its a little overdone.

can i offer you some advice that i think you should keep in mind EVERYTIME you shoot?

no?...damn.

ok i'll give it to you anyway...

don't force it.
i think this can apply to all aspects of your photography...composition...subject matter...PP, etc...
you're learning a lot and experimenting a lot, and that;s awesome. maybe take a step back next time you shoot, and ask yourself why. i have to do the same thing to myself...and sometimes when i neglect to, i get pics that i look at like wtf...why did i shoot that?
maybe im giving bad advice...idk man.

can i offer you some advice that i think you should keep in mind EVERYTIME you shoot?

no?...damn.

ok i'll give it to you anyway...

don't force it.
i think this can apply to all aspects of your photography...composition...subject matter...PP, etc...
you're learning a lot and experimenting a lot, and that;s awesome. maybe take a step back next time you shoot, and ask yourself why. i have to do the same thing to myself...and sometimes when i neglect to, i get pics that i look at like wtf...why did i shoot that?
maybe im giving bad advice...idk man.

asking why helps you focus on your main subject and keeping it mind while you compose your photo instead of getting lost in the detail.

Surprise, surprise. Heavily processed photos. The third one had potential until you...never mind.

I along with everyone else want you to post some without all the weird processing. Nothin'. So, here's another thought. I'd like you to post some photos (links, actually) that have inspired you to do this. Just curious. Are you attempting to simulate someone's style?

Most reactions

Back