3 Wildlife Vacation Photos C & C

Provo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all I am back from my Wedding/Honeymoon and here are my 1st 3 pictures of wildlife in Bonaire let me know what you think thanks.:D

4187186847_bb14889059_b.jpg

4187948490_18415571e4_b.jpg

4187948330_4819c81957_o.jpg

humm alright, ill get into it i guess to start the bowl rolling

@ Picture one
Not bad at all, quite an interesting subject, like the disctinction between the bird and the city, kind of a nice transition, and the colors on the wall aren't bad either. The problem, and this is with all the photos, is the angle of the sun, its wayy too close to noon, and so all the colors are a bit washed out and not great. Still, this picture is good, a nice background might help, ex: clouds? (photoshop ;))

@ Picture 2
Off the bat, i love birds, and this is cool, i do not LOVE the angle at all, and the thing on the side is quite distracting, unlike the one on the first photo. So its cool, good focus i will say, but composition isn't great, and im guessing you already know this ;).

@ Picture 3
All around ehh, not great, focus is wrong and should be on the eyes.

Good job, but the sun isn't great and maybe some composition would help TONS! hope you had fun and excited to see more shots :)

There's so much to learn. Just grab on to a few feedback items at a time so you don't get frustrated or overwhelmed. I would say go out with this easy to try plan, crouch down and try to work more at the critter's level. For the bird in #2, they can be quite fast so you just might have to do it from a bit away and then crop later. As well, with your reptile in #3, if unknown to be safe just get down at a distance and do the same.

With feedback, composition improvement will come. Lighting, oh boy, people will advise you to come back at a different time with different lighting. Works for buildings and things that don't run away. There will be times when you're on the fly and you will get what you get.

So now, go out and grab us a few new shots and let's see how it's going for you.

There's so much to learn. Just grab on to a few feedback items at a time so you don't get frustrated or overwhelmed. I would say go out with this easy to try plan, crouch down and try to work more at the critter's level. For the bird in #2, they can be quite fast so you just might have to do it from a bit away and then crop later. As well, with your reptile in #3, if unknown to be safe just get down at a distance and do the same.

With feedback, composition improvement will come. Lighting, oh boy, people will advise you to come back at a different time with different lighting. Works for buildings and things that don't run away. There will be times when you're on the fly and you will get what you get.

So now, go out and grab us a few new shots and let's see how it's going for you.

LOL yeah when I go again to Bonaire next year think you can wait around that long ;)
s2h8w3.jpg

Last edited:
Just like photographing people, it's best to have faces. Birds are no different. Meaning photo #1 should have 'his' head towards the camera. ;)

If you can get closer. If that means lying down, then do it. ;)

LOL yeah when I go again to Bonaire next year think you can wait around that long ;)
s2h8w3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You can probably find birds here too. :D

Most reactions

Back