3000GT SL Shoot

sohc3s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im still learning the D40 and this was kinda just a quick shoot of a friends 3KGT, Id just like to share, Criticism is greatly appreciated, Enjoy

-Ian

2635036605_4338e5be3e_b.jpg

2633204900_b78bb3c2c0_b.jpg

2633470579_31ddd3aa7c_b.jpg

2634922462_6a10ec6983_b.jpg

2633214626_af463a926c_b.jpg

2633209762_3840ee872d_b.jpg

2633465777_8862364a87_b.jpg

the rest are at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9123403@N07/sets/72157605947613074/

Last edited:
I like them.. I have always liked 3000gt's... I just wish they werent such pigs.

Ugh I know, this is an SL so it isnt lugging around the AWD components, and my N/A Stealth is stripped and set up for road course, shes under 2900

As requested: (just an opinion)

#1 - I'm not too keen on the reflection on the car. The split on 1/3 of the windshield is a bit off putting. The alien (lamp post?) in the window should be cloned out. Looks a bit dark, but the surroundings makes it agreeable.

#2 - I'd clone out the weeds behind the front wheel and middle of the door. Again, I think the reflections on the glass is a bit distracting. A Circular Polarizing filter may have helped to reduce.

#3 - The horizon looks tilted clockwise. The background (vertical elements) are distracting to me.

#4 - Nice shot, but the plate on the dashboard kills it for me.

#5 - The position of the car in this image doesn't work for me. With the bricked column in the forward position and the graffitti on the nose, it seems very right heavy to me.

#6 - I like the tilt.

#7 - Unfortunately with this type of car, it is of my opinion that at winding backroad would work best for a rolling shot. The background you have is a bit boring to me.

I certainly do not want to discourage you. All in all you did a good job. It's just what my eyes see tonight looking at your photos. Maybe there are things mentioned you hadn't considered and perhaps those things mentioned are useless to you. Regardless, I think you should definitely keep shooting and posting here.

Thanks for sharing.

and thank you for the feed back, there are so many things that my noob eyes just dont see when I look at things so thank you for pointing them out, my biggest battle right now is with the backdrops, I live in buffalo NY, everything is so industrial and bland, I've seen people make it work but its a constant fight against a poor backround, some what like the rolling shot you pointed out, Im in aggreance that it doesnt work. thanks again Im learning.

Edit: I couldnt sleep with the lamp post in the first one, lol fixed

Last edited:
Shots 1 and 4 are the best imo here... But as said, in 4 the number plate on the dash is distracting.. I think shot 4 would have been even better if the car was angled with the front wheels turned in so you could see the rims..

Overall not bad, keep shooting more and you will get some great shots..

btw.. industrial backgrounds are sweet for car shots. I wish there were more of them around where I lived. =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back