Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok...my manual is MIA, and I would like to know if anyone knows if I can adjust the flash intensity on my 300D? If so...how?

Alright, thanks...nope, not gonna hack it. I don't have the money to risk it if I break it somehow.

Oh come on Corry...hack that thing. You can reset the firmware any time.

I don't' have the camera so I haven't read everything about it...but I have read quite a bit. Apparently, it's easy to do and it's easy to change back to the original firmware at any time. It's not physically changing anything...just the soft ware that runs the camera. I've read that it's actually a DOS based software.

I've heard a lot of people who were concerned about the warrenty...well, if you do ever send it in, you can reset the firmware. Although, I've heard that people have sent in hacked cameras with no repercussions.

Maybe take a short walk over to the zoo that is photo.net as read up on all the folks who have installed the hack.

I get really confused with stuff like that...maybe I'll have my boyfriend look at the instructions on how to do it, and if he thinks he can, I'll do it. I'm REALLY bad with stuff like that though.

It's actually pretty easy, Im sure you or he can handle it. I applied the hack to mine with no problems. It adds, or I should say unlocks some nice features. The 10D and the 300D have such similar hardware the developers used the code from the 10D for the 300D instead of rewritting it from scratch. The 300d is capable of many of the same things as the 10D but canon needed to give people an insentive to buy the more expensive 10D so they just disabled some of the features in the 300D. All the hack does is unlock these hidden features. canon released a firmware update themselves, which is probably the version that came with your camera, so you can download it and use it to restore the original if you want to. Updating firmware is nothing to be afraid of, just make sure you use a fully charged battery :)

Corry, ive done it...and dont do it if you dont feel you want to, wait...you dont need to do it...but when you feel the time is right, id go for it.

its easy, and infact installs the same way as the firmware updates from canon
You can change back im sure.

And as santino said, your only risk is it turning itself off at the end of the update, make sure you have auto turn off...off...so that it wont do this, and a full battery charge.

It is really simple trust me :)

I want one, just so I can hack it.

Looks like I am going to get around $650 from the Leukaemia Foundation as prize money for all my hard work..

That money is going straight to my camera!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back