30D, D200, S5?

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bodies only- all B&H prices.

Canon 30D- $1,029.00

Nikon D200- $1,550.00

Fujifilm S5-$1,900.00

I am at the point where I have researched this all so much I have no idea what to do anymore- I am more lost than when I first decided to upgrade my D70 in the next 6 months.

Basically I am considering switching to Canon before I have too much invested in Nikon. My reasoning is being able to work with higher ISOs, being in love with the 5D and eventually being able to get that, and honestly liking the L lenses. I also prefer Canon's tones personally.

HOWEVER, I have a bit invested in Nikon and I do love the D200 as well. I also find the new S5 to be fascinating- the dynamic range is a big appeal. If I get the 30D I would be switching within a month or so. If I decide to upgrade to one of the more expensive bodies, it would be around winter time that I could do that.

Any opinions? At least point I honestly just need simple opinions. I know it's a complicated question and I apologize. Thanks.

You guys weren't much help! :p As a result I have no choice but to go with getting the 5D.... now!!! I can't resist.... Just a small update. Hopefully I can get it ASAP.

Well I wasn't even considering that! I was going to be reasonable and get the 30D but how can you resist the 5D?! Haha... I'm currently trying to find a good deal on one.

Suggestions anyone? I think I'm going to get Ritz to let me finance BUT match the Adorama price.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back