30D error99 info needed

tommygun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so yesterday i bought a canon 30D from adorama in new york. now that im looking online various places im starting to get a little worried about the elusive Error99 that happens with canon cameras. doea anybody have any firsthand knowledge about this. Im hoping i didn't make a mistake buying this.

Err99 is one of the nice features that Canon bodies bring. A quick web search will find about 7 million hits on the subject of Err99. I kid you not.

It's the "check engine light" of cameras. It means "something's wrong, but I have no idea what." If you have a local camera store, have someone look at it in person to see what's up with it.

My recommendation is leave the worrying until something actually goes wrong with the camera. You'll live longer. No one likes a high blood pressure for no reason :)

so yesterday i bought a canon 30D from adorama in new york. now that im looking online various places im starting to get a little worried about the elusive Error99 that happens with canon cameras. doea anybody have any firsthand knowledge about this. Im hoping i didn't make a mistake buying this.

Error 99 can most often can be corrected by cleaning the contacts on both the lens and the body with a soft pencil eraser.

If that doesn't work then it is probably defective.

If you need to speak to a Canon technician, then use this link:

Canon EOS 30D Digital SLR

If you need to return it within the first 14 days, drop me an email with your order number: [email protected]

Last edited:
thanks. I was just concerned about it. I really like the 30D and i can't wait for it to get here. im just hoping i don't have to dump a ton of money into it in like a month or two. you know what i mean?

So the 30D is a used camera, right?

To get the lower price, compared to a nice new 50D, you assume a certain amount of risk. Nothing new there. Welcome to life.

Most reactions

Back