30D flash stuck

my*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I purchased a 30D last summer. The flash often sticks shut. You can hear it trying to open but an error comes up saying something is blocking it and to turn the camera off and on again. It seems to do it about 60% of the time. Is there an easy fix?

don't use the built-in flash...... the end. ( I never use mine, buy a Canon speedlight if you need flahs, I just hate flash photography unless it's off camera with a good setup)

don't use the built-in flash...... the end. ( I never use mine, buy a Canon speedlight if you need flahs, I just hate flash photography unless it's off camera with a good setup)

How is that a solution to the problem of a broken camera? Fix at the source, don't bandaid. There's plenty of times when I don't have my speedlight with me and need a quick subtle fill flash.

One of my 20Ds has that problem. It will try to release the flash three times, then stop and give me the error code.

I can get it open by applying side pressure and then clicking the flash button.

However, I'll agree that (for the most part) you are better off without the built-in flash.

Most reactions

Back