n0ccj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Howdy all (again),
I was at ritz yesterday and looking at upgrading to the 30d. I got my bonus ayt work and was looking at getting a 28-135 IS lens and a flash. Anyways, we started talking about the 30d kit with that same lens. eventually we got down to price (1399). I was thinking about upgrading to the 30d but im just not sure if the price justifies the purchase for what i want. Is there any large advantage to the 30d over the 350d i already have? I like the size of the 350d better, but was considering giving it to my niece because she is starting to get into the hobby too. What do u think i should do? keep my cam and buy that lens for 700ish, or upgrade?

It's not about what we think. It's about what you think. Do you need the added features that the 30D offers over the 350D? Only you can decide that.

I understand, i just feel awkward shooting in manual mode. i really like the thumb wheel, and for the price of the lens and the flash i can nearly get the 30d kit. i think it is just little things that i do not like such as the aperature adjustments, the slow fps for shooting sports. and i really like the 9 point focus instead of 7. but its always the little things i guess.

see I personally prefer the size of the 30D over the 350D, the 350D to me feels like a toy compared to the 30D but I'm more than happy with the quality of images it gives me! I did consider trading up to the 30D but the benefits weren't quite right for me I'd rather save that "bit" more and get myself the 1D mkIII 'cos the speed really appeals especially in the RAW setting. And its much hardier and I can be clumsy :greenpbl: LOL

Howdy all (again),
I was at ritz yesterday and looking at upgrading to the 30d. I got my bonus ayt work and was looking at getting a 28-135 IS lens and a flash. Anyways, we started talking about the 30d kit with that same lens. eventually we got down to price (1399). I was thinking about upgrading to the 30d but im just not sure if the price justifies the purchase for what i want. Is there any large advantage to the 30d over the 350d i already have? I like the size of the 350d better, but was considering giving it to my niece because she is starting to get into the hobby too. What do u think i should do? keep my cam and buy that lens for 700ish, or upgrade?

A couple things... you can get that 28-135 IS for about $420 for the US version if you look the right places (DigitalFotoClub, Sigma4Less, Adorama, etc). So, consider this into your price searching.

Also, I am in the same boat you are. Now that I'm making money doing this photography thing, I can justify the extra cost of the camera. I shoot races, and the XT begins to cramp my hand a bit (a little too small) and I am attracted to the larger size, sensor clean, better-built body, 5fps, 3200 ISO, etc...

If alls you're wanting to do is upgrade the body only, look at Sigma4Less. That's where I'm going to do it. They have good prices, and I have bought a bunch of gear there...they're good people to work with.

But as everyone's saying... how "Worth it" will these features be for you? Will spending the extra $XXX.XX get you THAT much better pictures?

i do not mind the price so i am going to buy the lens tho i am alot happier with that price. But what is the difference between:
CAN28135IS Canon 2562A002 28-135/3.5-5.6 EF IS USM Zoom Lens USA

and

CAN28135IS GRCanon 2562A002I 28-135/3.5-5.6 EF IS USM Zoom Lens (IMP)

Both of theses are on digital photo club!

Thanks again for the advice on the digital photo club website.

thanks everyone,
I bought the lens this morning online from digital photo club. I am now the proud new owner of the lens. Ritz is supposed to be gettng my flash in soon (cross your fingers). Thank you everyone. I am going to hold off on the 30d even tho it has quite a few features i want. My final sale price for the US model was 402 so thanks for the tips everyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back