30D shutter button

xiangji

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I received my 30D today but slightly worried about the shutter button.

Half press for AF ok, but then pressing down to release the shutter isnt "sure" if you get me. It kind of requires a little extra pressure to release the shutter.

Is this wear and tear?? normal for older cameras?? can it be fixed easily?? cheaply?

Any info would really help me people,

Thanks

I never had that issue with my 30D, so I would be suspicious. If it doesn't lock focus in AF mode, however, it will not expose and that is normal.

It does lock in AF but sometimes requires more "press" to release the shutter. I just found a discussion on the net about people with the same problem on the 30D. Lots of suggestion that it could be dirt on the contacts for the shutter button as it's not sealed like newer cameras.

It does lock in AF but sometimes requires more "press" to release the shutter. I just found a discussion on the net about people with the same problem on the 30D. Lots of suggestion that it could be dirt on the contacts for the shutter button as it's not sealed like newer cameras.
I remember seeing a video of someone repairing their 30D shutter release, but I don't shoot Canon and didn't save it, but know it's out there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back