30mm lens, any advise?

alexsut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
I love photography, but due to being a student with limited funds i've only got a point and shoot style Sony DSC-W70. I'm hoping to improve my photos and have found that its possible to buy a lens converter (VAD-WB) which allows lens and filters with a diameter of 30 mm to be attached.

What i'd like is any advise anyone can give me as to what i should be looking for/ avoiding? i'm mainly looking to enhance landscapes so i guess a wide angle lens is needed, but i'm struggling to find any other than the official sony ones that fit 30mm. Also, i've seen converters that allow other lens diameters to be attached, is this a better path to take and what effect would this have on my photos?

If anyone has any general advise on choosing lenses or any in particular that they think would work well, their comments would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

Eah ghads....30mm diameter lenses, I would not even begin to know where to start looking for new lenses that size with out causing some confusion of diameter and Focal leingth.

Any one?

You might be better off buying a camera designed for interchangable lenses. It might actually be cheaper.

If you want to add telephoto or wide angle capability by add-on adapter lenses, of any thread size, you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment, I'm afraid. Compared to true telephoto or wide angle lenses they are dirt cheap, of course.
But you generally get what you pay for.
C . . p!

Better save up for a dSLR and a lens or two.

I will tell you that you will regret buying one of these in the long end but here it goes. Get a step up ring so like 30mm to 52mm. Then look for "lens adapters" in that size. I only know how to do this becuase i had to do it to use one of those fisheyes for my DVD video camera

I'll be a little more blunt...snake oil in my humble opinion....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back