350D vs. D70s

cumi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I'm considering to buy a DSLR. I found the most interresting the Canon 350D and the Nikon D70s. I also know pretty much what lens would buy. But I stil can not decide between D70s and 350D. Can someone post here a good link for funktional comparison (not a tech one, like on dpreview). I really want to know what funktionalities offers one, that the other doesn't, like e.g.: 350D doesn't has spot-metering option.

I also have some conrete questions:

- What do you think about the missing of the spot meterign option in 350D? Any experiences?

- What does the A-DOF mode brings in 350D? Are you missing it in D70s?

- What are you missing in each cameras?

- Not sure about this, so I have to ask: does the 350D also has Servo Auto-Focus (the mode that follows the moving subject). And is it possible to do focus-trap with 350D?

Any other funktional differences?

Thanks,

To be honest, all of this information is readily available on dpreview. There is an in-depth review of each camera, which explains all functions. The best thing you can do is just go pick one up and hold it, maybe take a few test shots. They are both good cameras.

A spot meter is nice, but it wouldn't cause me to switch to Nikon. A-DoF just lets you pick to focus points, and the camera sets the aperture automatically to ensure you have enough depth of field to have both points in focus.

Well I have a Canon 350D and i LOVE it to bits, but different people like different things. Your best bet is to go into a local store and try both out for handerling, size, weight, features and which feels best to you. Make sure you try both cameras out before purchasing...

Try Googling your thread title. Some good side by side comparisons come up. I am not sure about the differences but I like the D70s and would recommend it.

cbay said:
Well I have a Canon 350D and i LOVE it to bits, but different people like different things. Your best bet is to go into a local store and try both out for handerling, size, weight, features and which feels best to you. Make sure you try both cameras out before purchasing...

I would have said the exact same thing.

Most reactions

Back