350D with Old-Skool Canon Lenses

That makes a lot of sense to me.

Look for on of the EOS Rebel cameras. They are the entry level SLR cameras. I think the European names are 4 digit names...EOS 1000, 1000n, 1000F etc. Or you could get a more advanced body but the Rebels are pretty good for a starter.

You could probably find a good used one on E-bay or in a shop.

Yeah, good idea. The only problem with that is that i'd have to pay for film/developement and i couldnt shove them on my PC.

Then again i have always had this thing with DigiCams and how they have gotten rid of the charm that photography once offered.

I think a non-digital camera with EF lenses is the best option for the noo.

THANKS SO MUCH, MIKE!!! Without this unilateral aid i'd have bought something totally silly. What do you use yourself?

No problem, that's what this forum is all about.

I started with a Canon EOS 650. The very first of Canon's autofocus EOS cameras. I still have it, and shoot film every once in a while. Now I mostly shoot with a Canon 20D, a great mid-level DSLR.

I have about 4 Canon lenses, a Vivitar and a Tamron. I've got a whole pile of other accessories like filters, remote cords, teleconverter, close-up filters, flash units....etc. Most of the stuff, I had before I got my DSLR and used with my film camera...so getting a Canon DSLR was great because all of my accessories were still useful.

That particular one is for using M42 mount lenses on Canon EOS cameras. I think that might be the Pentax mount.

Ah, ok. but that sort of thing would do? Obviously i will consult dudes on here before i splash out on anything big...

glad you were able to make a decision!

just a suggestion - when looking for film SLRs, don't rule out professional SLRs. You can find old, well used ones (but still in perfect working condition) for quite cheap. For instance, I got my EOS 1n and vertical grip/battery pack for less than it would cost to buy a new EOS rebel, and the quality is FAR better. check www.keh.com, they have really great deals sometimes. the 'bargain' grade cameras are the ones to look for. mine was 'bargain' grade, and I was afraid it was going to be really really beat up. I was shocked when I got it, it looked practically new, minus some minor scratches on the body.

I went for a second hand EOS 3000 for about £45 - it is second hand but hasnt been used. At the moment I have practising on a Canon A-1 and a whole array of lenses. It is amazing how such a cheap camera can produce such amazing results. Thanks to all people who have gone digital so as to drive the prices down!!

having said that, i can now see the attraction of dSLRs!

the A-1 is so manual that i dont know if i am shooting a whole bunch of crapness!

maybe a dSLR is a good invention. but hey, i'll live.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back