35mm 1.8

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am thinking about this lens, I know it is inexpensive, but I am wondering if anyone would like to post some pictures they took with this lens?

Thanks in advance.

Not to be one of those people who say "go google it".........lol, go Flickr it and you will see images with the 35 1.8

35mm 1.8 - Flickr: Search

Ive shot with it, but, sadly, lost all the photos from that day out. I personally loved the lens. I thought it was great for the price and what it did. I liked it almost as much as my 50mm 1.8. ;)

Mark

EDIT: keep in mind, though, that they are very different lenses. They are designed for different things and aren't interchangeable.

This was my first day out with the lens...

4084285612_fe532d263d_b.jpg

And just some others that I've taken with it (it's on my camera 90% of the time)

4719216115_55c8eaeca4_b.jpg

4689893078_22e7392d83_b.jpg

Keep in mind, I'm obviously no pro, but I've been loving the lens in the 7 months or so that I've had it.

4720788940_966837be02_b.jpg

4720789088_7303968766_b.jpg

4720139985_f303370f35_b.jpg

4720140087_da828c043a_b.jpg

These are a few shots I took at my high school reunion this past Memorial Day w/e with my 35mm. I love my 35mm because it makes it easier to get those group shots. The 50mm is nice, but it gets kind of tight when you want to take group shots. I love prime lenses. I'm no pro, but I think my pics came out pretty good.

ok thank you guys so much! Im sold!

Now do I get one at Best Buy for online?

f/1.8 sound like a shallow DOF, but with it being a wider lens, don't expect the bokeh you'd see from something like an 85 f/1.8, wide open.

I vote Best Buy over online- I'm more of an instant gratification kind of girl :p Plus, ours pretty much always has that lens in stock!

Thanks!
I can always fake the bokeh! haha

But I just want something "fast" I can use in low light.

I am thinking about this lens, I know it is inexpensive, but I am wondering if anyone would like to post some pictures they took with this lens?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone can post excellent photos with either lens.

The first question you should be asking yourself is - which of the 2 focal lengths will I benefit from most with the type of shooting I am currently taking...

So, what is it you are mostly shooting?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone can post excellent photos with either lens.

The first question you should be asking yourself is - which of the 2 focal lengths will I benefit from most with the type of shooting I am currently taking...

So, what is it you are mostly shooting?

Mostly shooting kids and faces, action shots, indoor family stuff...

Most reactions

Back