charles556

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i recently bought a Nikkormat EL camera body

i've tried to use the 35mm lens from my automatic Nikon
but for some reason, after i have cocked th shutter and hit the release,
the shutter doesn't close again, as though on 'B' setting, until i push the cocking lever back in place.
also, i've noticed a small lever just inside of the lens fitting on the camera that moves in a way similar to that of the shutter problem.
i'm guessing they're related, but i have no idea whats going on.
my only idea is that the lens isn't compatible with the camera body.

so if anyone has any idea whats going on, or suggestions, i would love to hear them!!!

thanks!

The little lever is the aperture control. It holds the aperture open for normal focusing and metering and flicks down allowing it to close during the exposure. Lenses do not apply pressure to this point so I doubt the lens is the issue. Can the camera fire away normally without any lens attached?

The little lever is the aperture control. It holds the aperture open for normal focusing and metering and flicks down allowing it to close during the exposure. Lenses do not apply pressure to this point so I doubt the lens is the issue. Can the camera fire away normally without any lens attached?

thank you so much for the reply!

no, the camera still fires as described without the lens on.
but think i remember pressing a button ,on the side with the cocking lever, near the lense.
is there a possible that that had anything to do with it?

could be in T mode or whatever...I'm not sure what it's called. Kinda like bulb, but you hit the button twice.

Or mirror lockup is on? and you're hearing the mirror, not the shutter.

Most reactions

Back