35mm sized sensor?

That's great news. That forces Nikon to compete. I can't wait for my new Nikon D3x. If only I hadn't sold those 14, 18 and 24mm f2.8 wide angles.
Compete with what? The D2X produces results 99% as good (some would say just as good) as the 1DSII for less than half the price. I'd say they're competing damned well.

Tell me one thing an APS sensor can't do and then I'll support a Nikon Full Frame. Most of the reasons people have are either because they want new technology that they don't understand or they're too lazy to learn a new way of thinking of frame of view for focal angles.

That’s right it about the wide. I don’t understand Nikon or any one resists to full frame. Nikon already has an optical zoom option on some model. Just make all models full frame and expand optical zoom option to anything between 2x to full frame. That way everyone hopefully would be happier.

So have we agreed on anything?

You bet. We agree FMW needs better wide angle lenses for his Nikons. Either Nikon has to start making some good fixed focal length WA lenses for the small sensor or they need to give us a 35mm sized sensor. Well, at least I agree with that. :)

i think noone doubted this in here, did anyone? ;)

for me at least this was one of the reasons to go for the 5D

it was a response to the initial post where fmw questioned whether high end canons were full frame. He'd heard somewhere that there was a crop factor of 1.3.

i was just pointing out that there is no crop and has a much wider viewing angle than the 1.6 factor of the 20D
:)

it was a response to the initial post where fmw questioned whether high end canons were full frame. He'd heard somewhere that there was a crop factor of 1.3.

bummer, i lost the OP
. totally. .. ;)

anyway, i love my full frame sensor :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back