360 Pano (my first 360)

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Man this was hard to stitch. was on the top of a building that had just a small path around the outer rim. I had to walk around the whole building to get this shot (wish I could have stayed in one spot with a tripod).

1. click for full res.

hope you like.

Excellent work! I just started using CS2 to stitch and MAN, is it a pain in my backside!

I love those panoramic shots. I'd love to learn how to do it. A friend of mine has a "cheapy" Kodak camera that has a panoramic setting, you snap three shots and it does the hard part for you.

My D-80, unfortunately, doesn't have this feature.

How do you guys shoot and edit your panorama's?

Good shots BoblyBill, keep practicing.

I love those panoramic shots. I'd love to learn how to do it. A friend of mine has a "cheapy" Kodak camera that has a panoramic setting, you snap three shots and it does the hard part for you.

My D-80, unfortunately, doesn't have this feature.

How do you guys shoot and edit your panorama's?

Good shots BoblyBill, keep practicing.

I have a tutorial on here that could help. I have improved this way since, but still relavent. Only thing I do differently now is instead of scew, I use free transform and warp (CS3 :D).
How to Create a Panoramic Image

Wow, what a kick-ass tut. Thank you so much Bobly, the finished product turned out great.

After reading, and bookmarking, I was wondering what kind of tripod your using. So, you keep your tripod legs in one place, but the use the head to rotate to your liking? Won't that cause angle variation, making it look weird? I'm a pano n00b, sorry if this is repetitive.

GREAT tutorial, it was a LOT of help. Thanks again!

Wow, what a kick-ass tut. Thank you so much Bobly, the finished product turned out great.

After reading, and bookmarking, I was wondering what kind of tripod your using. So, you keep your tripod legs in one place, but the use the head to rotate to your liking? Won't that cause angle variation, making it look weird? I'm a pano n00b, sorry if this is repetitive.

GREAT tutorial, it was a LOT of help. Thanks again!

Tripod? who uses tripods... LOL... I have to admit, I don't use a tripod in most cases (which usually works against me). In fact, this shot was done walking around the outside edge of this tower I was on... There would have been no way to get 360 degrees (maybe 180) from putting it on a tripod. Sadly, I don't have the pano type mount on my tripod or I would use that. You are correct, my shots have a LOT of angle variation and that is why I have the step in the tut for free transform. Alex_B has a mount and he says it makes panos way easier. I plan on getting one in the future.

Most reactions

Back