AdventuresInMyTrustyBoots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you guys think of them?

I'm sure they take a lot of work, but personally, I don't usually view them. I find they are to troublesome to scroll around and look at. I would rather see the image as a whole.

Not a fan of the 360 photo type.

They are niche product. Good for some things, not so good for others. I like them for things like real estate work so you can get a sense of a whole room.

Neat fad that will find it's place but will not become the norm. People are to lazy to scroll so traditional zero work photos will continue to dominate.
Thankfully because a 500mm 360 lens would kill me.

Most people don't zoom out to get a wider view. That's why they spend so much time scrolling around.

Can't post them here but the neatest 360 photos I have ever seen were from negs I scanned at work for a client shot in the mid 1920's of downtown St. Louis street intersections.

They work nicely for me when I click on What's Here? on Google Maps/Earth.
Other than that ..........

Yeah, found some interesting ones in stores and elsewhere in google earth but not really my cup of tea. I prefer my shots with a bit of composition generally. Novelty value mostly.

I have yet to really view a 360 photo other then the street view in google maps that is the only one i can think of

I think of these 360º photos as more of a "utility" function rather than as "art" to be enjoyed.

Realtors will use them to let you "look around" a room. Google uses them to let you "look around" a neighborhood. For the utility that they provide, they're great.

Most reactions

Back