3_2 4_3 o 16_9

danisat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Which is the best to take photo or film that least deform a person?

I would think the lens would have more of an impact. Anything from 50mm or longer should be safe.

If you're referring to the aspect ratio of the image, it has nothing to do with distortion unless you're resizing the image in only one direction. In that case, you should crop instead of resize.

Regardless of the print aspect ratio, the focal length of your lens and how close you are to your subject is what determines distortion. To minimize distortion, use a longer focal length lens and stay well back from your subjects.

Also, the camera you are using generally has aspect ratio (image rectangular shape) limits.
Square is a 1:1 aspect ratio.
Full size and APS-C size image sensors are 3:2 aspect ratio, but many cameras let the user use just part of the image sensor to produce 5:4 or 16:9 aspect ratio shots/video.

As mentioned, if a image or video is shot in one aspect ratio and you desire to use it at a different aspect ratio you have to crop the original to the aspect ratio you want, not resize. Cropping involves cutting off and discarding some amount of the image pixels.

Thanks
My camera have an sensor like 4:3 and a lens 24/720 which do you think so is the best position "mm" to keep pictures of persons with little distortion...?

Also, the camera you are using generally has aspect ratio (image rectangular shape) limits.
Square is a 1:1 aspect ratio.
Full size and APS-C size image sensors are 3:2 aspect ratio, but many cameras let the user use just part of the image sensor to produce 5:4 or 16:9 aspect ratio shots/video.

As mentioned, if a image or video is shot in one aspect ratio and you desire to use it at a different aspect ratio you have to crop the original to the aspect ratio you want, not resize. Cropping involves cutting off and discarding some amount of the image pixels.

Thanks
My camera have an sensor like 4:3 and a lens 24/720 which do you think so is the best position "mm" to keep pictures of persons with little distortion...?

I'm assuming it's a typo and your have a 24-70.... so I'd say 70mm. Many pros use longer focal lengths; 85mm, 100mm, 135mm, even 200 and 300mm.

Aspect ratio has nothing to do with perspective distortion.

Yep. For the least distortion the longer focal length, so 70 mm if your lens is a 24-70 mm zoom.

It's a compact camera Sony:) and have 24/720 mm lens

As others have said, generally the longer lens used the better the person looks, so go as long as you can. For portaits U like the 3:4 aspect ratio.

If it's a compact, how much of that range in focal length is optical and how much is digital zoom? Once you cross into the digital zoom range, you may quickly lose image quality (not necessarily distortion).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back