3rd party battery grip

th3_man89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
will 3rd party battery grip affect the camera performance?? nikon doesn't produce any battery grip for D40, yet I read in other forum, there are many 3rd party products being used in Malaysia. they are Ansmann and YXTM.

I used a couple 3rd party ones for XT's and didn't like them. The shutter button felt very fake, which feels worse than it sounds. It's weird when you have to hit a button harder than the one you're used to. Also, the grip started peeling. Anyway, if that's your only option, then I'm sure you'll be alright though. Just check reviews & do your research (as you're doing) but keep some of these things in mind.

I used a couple 3rd party ones for XT's and didn't like them. The shutter button felt very fake, which feels worse than it sounds. It's weird when you have to hit a button harder than the one you're used to. Also, the grip started peeling. Anyway, if that's your only option, then I'm sure you'll be alright though. Just check reviews & do your research (as you're doing) but keep some of these things in mind.

what brand did you use?

I had a Targus grip on my XT, and I loved it. Made the camera feel a lot better, and the buttons felt fine. Didn't negatively affect the camera in any way.

when i was purchasing my camera and ask about 3rd party grip, he said it will spoil the camera which i didn't agree.

i just check in walmart, they sell targus battery grip for d40 but a reviewer gave it 1 star while the other 5 star. does anyone tried this grip before???

Walmart has a good return policy.

The d40 cannot have a real shutter release on the grip, the ones that have it are actually acting as a remote control, be cause Nikon Did not add the electrical connections for a shutter button on the grip. Not sure how well they work, could be just fine, but someone who has used them could tell you best.

it seems the one sold in walmart, Targus has a shutter release. but i still doing research on it coz i can't find it in any other sites. anyway i stay in singapore. kinda difficult to purchase stuff from the states.

i've seen the link, it doesn't have shutter release on it? i am looking one with it. but thx anyway.

hi, friend. this battery grip has shutter release function, there is a vertical shutter button on it. By the way, this website ship from HongKong, i think it is near your country.

Most reactions

Back