TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Forum-BellBridge.jpg
Forum-HoytStation.jpg
Forum-RusagonishBridge.jpg
Forum-SmythBridge.jpg

I like the third one. But I'd work on the haloing.

are these actual HDR images made with multiple exposure shots or just one very tone mapped image?

I like the third one. But I'd work on the haloing.

Or is it ghosting? I know these are winter scenes but they seem to blue. Maybe adjust the WB warmer, and bump the exposure up.

Im sorry but they are horribly processed.

I agree....HDR photos should have a greater emphasis on "realism" than these. When you have time, play with your post-exposure settings to find different results than what you've ended up with. Play with the software and have fun learning.

Not sure why any picture should have an emphasis on realism. Where would Man Ray be with realism? Go with your vision, young man.

On the other hand, these are certainly not to my taste. They are too dark, for one thing. If you are going to create hyperdetail, let's see that hyperdetail.

Not sure why any picture should have an emphasis on realism. Where would Man Ray be with realism? Go with your vision, young man.

Fully agree.
Pictures do remind me of my first HDR pictures I made, I felt to always put the sliders to the extreems, creating this kind of effect. Now I learned not to with (for me) better outcomes.

They don't.

But they should at least have some emphasis AWAY from "I tossed this image in a free version I got of photodex and this is what horrible result I got"

These are not the vision of the OP, this is processing in the name of junk processing, for the sake of junk processing, under the guise of HDR.

They are all very straight forward shots of a covered bridge, processed in a way that detracts from the image in all regards. So much so that there is no remaining redeeming value left in these images.

These are not the vision of the OP, this is processing in the name of junk processing, for the sake of junk processing, under the guise of HDR.

They are all very straight forward shots of a covered bridge, processed in a way that detracts from the image in all regards. So much so that there is no remaining redeeming value left in these images.
and how do you know the vision of the photographer? To go back to Man Ray, many of his contemporaries just saw amateurish development of his prints with no redeeming value. Now he is appreciated as an innovative genius. Appreciation of creative genius frequently involves seeing past taught standards.

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

Appreciation of creative genius frequently involves seeing past taught standards.

No disrespect intended on your views on creativity, but in this particular case, IMO I think @Braineack hit the nail on the head with his comment "They are all very straight forward shots of a covered bridge, processed in a way that detracts from the image in all regards. So much so that there is no remaining redeeming value left in these images."

and how do you know the vision of the photographer? To go back to Man Ray, many of his contemporaries just saw amateurish development of his prints with no redeeming value. Now he is appreciated as an innovative genius. Appreciation of creative genius frequently involves seeing past taught standards.

The problem here is the photographer had no vision...at least in terms of the processing.

there is no creative genius in poorly processing photos like a high school student in 1999.

Most reactions

Back