4 HDR Covered Bridges near Fredericton NB

Discussion in 'HDR Discussions' started by PasqualettoM, Apr 11, 2017.

1. john.margetts

john.margetts No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    and how do you know the vision of the photographer? To go back to Man Ray, many of his contemporaries just saw amateurish development of his prints with no redeeming value. Now he is appreciated as an innovative genius. Appreciation of creative genius frequently involves seeing past taught standards.

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

2. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    No disrespect intended on your views on creativity, but in this particular case, IMO I think @Braineack hit the nail on the head with his comment "They are all very straight forward shots of a covered bridge, processed in a way that detracts from the image in all regards. So much so that there is no remaining redeeming value left in these images."

3. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    The problem here is the photographer had no vision...at least in terms of the processing.

there is no creative genius in poorly processing photos like a high school student in 1999.

4. john.margetts

john.margetts No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Personally, I have never thought enough of my own opinion as to want to tell someone that their work is irredeemable rubbish. Saying that you do not like it is fair enough (I said that), but that is entirely dependant on what you have been taught is value. There is no absolute measure of value beyond your opinion.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PasqualettoM

PasqualettoM TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    My My we have a number of self entitled folks in here on this post.

I have read many a thread on the forum and am well prepared for feedback and critique but the nail was actually hit on the head when it was stated by @john.margetts how do any of you know MY vision?

John was respectful in saying, "hey these look like $h!t to me" and did not venture to assume what MY end goal was. In fact for those who feel like they can assume what I run for software or hardware my end goal was what I have posted, I intended for them to be toned all to hell. The sliders are not actually at max, and barring the haloing are exactly what was intended to be created before the 3 hours was spent travelling around capturing these shots.

Which is exactly why there were multiple exposures.

The haloing was not removed simply because I didn't feel like spending the added time in post on something I was playing with from a day of fun shooting.

Give critique, pick apart the images to the nines but do not think you know anything about what my creative vision was or if I just jumped out of the box with free software and though I was king of the hill.

The shots were mid day, overcast and flat beyond belief, light rain at times... not a day I would have chose to shoot normally. Which is why I elected to create something so different compared to what most would like.

What was more important to me though, was spending the day with my 11 year old son, having a few laughs and introducing him to one of my hobbies and passions.

My apologies that there is someone out here willing to break the rules of what you consider to be the required outcome of images. I personally see photography as not just a cash cow but also an artistic outlet.

Not everyone is going to agree with your vision, and I certainly respect those that oppose mine. Not so much a fan of anyone speaking for what I intended however.:icon_thumright:

6. Braineack

Photos OK to edit
    the lack of effort in the processing shone through...

7. PasqualettoM

PasqualettoM TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Braineack, I have yet to read a single post you have made which was not demeaning to someone.

We will have to agree to disagree as our views are so very different.

I appreciate your feedback that my images are not to your taste.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

8. Braineack

Photos OK to edit
    That's fine, but if you want critique, read my posts, and actually take from them.

While you may not have "just jumped out of the box with free software and though[t] I was king of the hill," that's what the processing of these convey.

9. PasqualettoM

PasqualettoM TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    And that I can certainly take as valued critique!

As most I am on here to learn, re-learn and gather knowledge. The approach taken by some members(not speaking directly of yourself) seems to be to alienate anyone they don't deem a "professional"

There are times where I choose to go off the tracks with my processing for the sake of having fun with it. While this was one of those times I was and am still seeking the critique but constructive critique works better than seeing someone put down a person based on a post. (Again not stating what your aim or goal was)

I do for the record take what I believe to be the point or advice from your posts, it's sometimes difficult to weed past the way it's presented. But maybe that's a me problem :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  10. Braineack

Photos OK to edit
    im not always the most tactful :p

11. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I know nothing about HDR or even where to start and try it. I am not a fan of most of the images processed in this manner.

However, creative expression is what I can appreciate. IMO, do what you want and if you like them, that's all that matters.

IMO, Covered bridges are very scarce today and offer historical attributes, I would present them as they stand, with unique fields of view to capture their natural qualities. People debated hard to keep them from being removed.

12. PasqualettoM

PasqualettoM TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Believe me my goal this summer is to capture each covered bridge in New Brunswick as they stand. With the state of the snow being knee deep and the river/creek ice not being safe for access I was limited to a few less than creative views. Especially with the young fella with me, that being said the true beauty of these bridges will be brought to light as soon as we start getting a bit better weather :)