4 Landscapes for C&C please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by RobNZ, May 7, 2010.

1. RobNZ

RobNZ TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Been a few weeks between posting new images for me, why? because I am becoming very very fussy with my own work and when the shots suck I refuse to show anyone...lol.

Anyway I have 4 for c&c, all of the same subject, a local landmark. All shot from different locations and all quite different from each other all the same.

Anyways, again I'd like some constructive feedback, thanks in advance.

No.1 Shot today under overcast manky skies, just out practicing and scouting for new locations. The sky needs more work and there are other little glitches, posting more for thoughts on compostion than anything.

3 shots stitched together

[​IMG]

No.2

HDR from roughly the same location, I wanted an "in your face effect" and to make it more dramatic than it really was, flat and lifeless at the time.

[​IMG]

No.3
    This one is geared towards a more calm, serene, relaxing feel.

[​IMG]

No.4

My usual style is portrayed here, silhouettes and colour showcasing the profile of the landmark. Shot from the same location as the shot above.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. burstintoflame81

burstintoflame81 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Now 1 and 2 are nice but level the shoreline somewhat. The buildings are a little crooked. I know you probably can't level completely due to the angle you are at or else it will skew the mountain.

3 and 4 are nice also but I think they could use just a little PP for contrast and color.

3. kelli_anne

kelli_anne TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Love love love the first one, I love the that I can see the movement in the water in the first one and the coloring in the sky, its a really great shot.

"local landmark" very lucky!

4. RobNZ

RobNZ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for feedback, leveling is little tricky because of the psuedo horizon the sweeping beach gives, probably a bit of barrel distortion on both which also isn't helping.

Thanks kelli-anne, getting a longer shutter speed during daylight has been a mission to stop it down with just enough light to give detail and the least amount of filtering to retain sharpness, used a CPL and a graduated ND cokin type filter and f/22, tricky to get the balance and leave enough interest.